Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rescues Can I?

TacoBellWinnieP

Cavy Slave
Would it be illegal to just accept guineas into my home and rehome them? Like a rescue, but just me from my house? Could I get into some sort of legal trouble for it...? Because I am eventually starting an official small animal rescue but until then, would adopting them out for a small fee (money going towards supplies for my rescue animals, just like a legit rescue) be an okay thing to do?:confused:

ClemmyOddieIndy

Cavy Slave
No, if you are taking in animals (as long as you are not taking them in under the guise of a rescue, and not breaking any verbal or written contracts with the people you take them from) and turning around and rehoming them (even for a fee) you should be fine. There are some places that do have strict rules regarding animal sales (trying to combat puppy mills, animal welfare, etc.), but most places in the U.S. do not. It would be no different than if you purchased an animal and then turned around and sold it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.