Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Bloody "sac" found in poo

leesurr

Cavy Slave
Pepper, my almost 4 yo pig, was treated for a UTI a few weeks ago. This morning I found 3 "sacs" about 5-6 times the size of a regular poo dropping. One was completely covered in poop, but not the consistency, very firm. The other two are bloody and pink colored, very firm and not squishy. I know she is not pregnant because there are only two girls in the cage. She is eating and drinking normally (I'm watching her eat now), but I am concerned about this odd condition. I know it is her because of the blood on her belly. She seems completely normal but I know how fast guinea pigs can go down hill. Is there anyone who can tell me what this may be? I am calling the vet's office as soon as they open, I just want to know what may be wrong with her. Thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Can you post a picture? And are you positive that the other pig is a female? You've turned them over and compared their private parts?

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Sadly, I do not have experience with this. Is she still on the antibiotics? Perhaps they are messing with her tummy. I too would like to see a picture.
This is something I've never heard of before. Please keep us posted when you talk to them vet. Good luck!

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Last edited:

leesurr

Cavy Slave
I made a vet appointment for later today. I am bringing both pigs to verify their sexes (I positive they are both female). I will post pictures later today. I haven't seen anything online that would explain it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.