Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids A great, safe way to use grids for hay racks!!!

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
I recently changed the style of my hay racks to something a bit safer.
I really like them and all the pigs have been eating nonstop out of them.
My favourite things are that they don't pull as much hay out of them, they can eat at whatever height is comfortable and it is a great way to get pigs that are seperated by grids to eat near eachother for company.
They are connected to the cage grids with zip ties and the one cage that didn't have much grid space to connect the hay rack too, it is
connected to a grid over top. That grid is connected to the connectors of the cage and can easily be snapped out to move the hay rack while cleaning the cage.

IMG_5523.jpgIMG_5513.jpgIMG_5515.jpgIMG_5516.jpg .

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
That's a great idea! I may have to use that! Actually, I am going to do that right now!!! That's so much for the idea!

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
You're welcome! I made sure to zip tie the top and very bottom of the hay rack, so that the pigs can't move it at all.

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Very clever! I still can't decide if I like the sock monkey fleece or the hay rack more, though. :)

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I zip tied the top and used metal clasps on the bottom. I want to be able to change the fleece easy.

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That's an amazing idea :D thank you so very much for sharing :)

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
I tried those hay racks and the thing I didn't like about them was the difficulty of getting the fleece under and out from under them. Then when I gave up and put coro under them the racks would accumulate pee and poo and I had to cut the ties to get under them completely...

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
I have already changed the cage liners with them and didn't have an issue. I just made sure when attaching them that the zip ties would allow the grid rack to slide up enough.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I put a box under my rack, and when I flip the cage, the rack goes upside down. Works really well for me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.