Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Bloated Stomach is tight and is swollen; possible bloat?!

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Lol wish I had your vet

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Lol wish I had your vet
If you're not happy with your vet, I would just keep looking. :) Every person should feel comfortable with any vet you take your pets too, same for humans.

couchon

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc, thank you so much for the advice! We don't believe it has to do with the liver. We did a blood test on her when she was right in the middle of the first water bloat, and it showed that all the functions were normal, except the electrolites were off, but the vet felt it was because of the bloat condition/not eating. Also, she has had a full-body CT scan, and again, they didn't see anything looking wrong with the liver.

However, we never tested the fluid that they took out of the stomach (they have only had to do it twice, thankfully), so that's something I will keep in mind. Do you know what kind of test you would run on it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.