Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Flippers are the way to go?

edcaguy

Cavy Slave
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the fleece flippers Wednesday. I currently just use bath towels, and change them out every 2 days. I would be spending about $175 so need to know if you guys love them. Sweeping vs vacuuming will the fleece get pulled up? My cage is now a 2x8 and 2x2 loft. Thanks for the feedback. I just can't wait!

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
just ask [MENTION=1]CavySpirit[/MENTION] !! I would say yes they are the way to go and are worth every penny!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I have flippers. The fleece doesn't get pulled up because they fit pretty snuggly and any extra on the open end gets tucked under. They are super easy.

Pigalicious

Cavy Slave
Go with the flippers! Best things ever created for piggies!

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I love my fleece flippers. They are the best invention ever. I used bath towels before, just like you, and switching to flippers made cleaning so much easier. They are taut, so when you clean they don't buckle, and they prevent piggies from burrowing. They are also super easy to clean.

Kristine

Cavy Slave
I think the flippers are a very creative invention, and perfect for some people......especially those who don't sew. I prefer to sew my own liners because they function superbly, and I can sew them as needed when I remodel the cage. I enjoy the creative aspect of sewing my own custom liners and they are quite economical as well.

I generally go on a fleece-buying binge on Black Friday when I can score some real bargains. I try to anticipate my needs for the next year, and buy enough to last until the next BF sales. I, like many others here, buy my fleece at JoAnn Fabrics. Over time, I have found that the blizzard fleece is better quality and lasts longer. I made three sets of liners over a year ago and rotate them weekly. They are barely showing signs of wear.

There is no burrowing because the liners have some weight to them. They lie smooth and don't wrinkle or buckle. In my experience, towels are just about the worst fabric to use in the cage because they begin to smell almost immediately. I only use towels for lap time.
Ditto all of this! I sew my own liners and love that I can coordinate everything and truly have something custom that fits our style.

couchon

Cavy Slave
Personally, and this is just a personal preference, I prefer the traditional liners that are all in one piece. Also, I am not a fan of uHaul blankets for myself

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc, I think [MENTION=12371]couchon[/MENTION] was referring to flippers, not your liners. :) I also must say that flippers are cool. I actually use them only as pads under my patio and on my "bridge". However, if you can sew a straight line it is super easy to make your own for so much cheaper. They are basically just a pillow case. Cut a piece of coroplast and some u-haul or towel to slide in and you are done. :)

couchon

Cavy Slave
Sure, I mean I prefer when on liner covers the entire space of my case, rather than the fleece flippers, which I understand are 2x1 pieces, and you would need 4 separate pieces to go in a 2x4.

aeiou

Cavy Slave
Another option that has been a hit is this idea by onetwo
I have gone between just a big sheet of fleece and flippers, I am using the big sheet of fleece right now but I'm going to be switching to flippers once I get some time to sew them. My old flippers were a few inches too short and so they were kind of a failure.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.