Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

R.I.P Sweet Sally

luvmysweetgrls

Cavy Slave
I'm absolutely devastated. My sweet Sally had to be put down on Wednesday. After a 2 day stay at the hospital, she just could not get better. She had a severe case of pnemonia in which only 5% of her little lungs were not affected. Our vet (he is fabulous, very compassionate and its evident he loves and cares for the animals AND thier families he sees) tried everything he could to save her, but even his efforts were not enough. She just could not fight it. She was such a sweet guinea, she wheeked at me everytime I would come home from school or work, and sometimes even when I was just within her ear-shot. She was my little motor boat, she purred everytime I would pet her. Her companion Sweetie, misses her. Sweetie is currently on antibiotics as well and seems to be responding very well. On wednesday, we went to visit Sally in the hospital and to have Sweetie looked at, her breathing was very labored however there was not much about h.er personality that had changed, our vet put her on meds and I have been watching her like a hawk. I couldnt stand to lose her too. But I am very happy with the her response to the medication.
I do intend to get her another cagemate when she is better, but not until then. Sally will be deeply missed and she cannot be replaced in this mommas heart

NormaS

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss!

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
i'm so sorry Sally had to be put to sleep, she must have had a tough time. :( I hope Sweetie will be fully healthy again soon, and that you'll find her a companion who will be nice to her.

Cavy4Me

Cavy Slave
Im so sorry for your loss. Wishing you the best!

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.