Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Scandinavia Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
oh they're such adorable piggies :D !

Frode789

Cavy Slave
For a cheap & sturdy cage you can use a regular bookcase, it's really common here in Sweden.
You'd need to waterproof it with something like thick pvc/plastic tablecloth which will need replacing, but it's fun to change it with the seasons.
You may also need to support the back/bottom with some cheap plywood, and many prefer to cut a side out & replace it with plexiglass.

I believe Ikea has the same products all over the world including Norway, but any bookcase with appropriate inner dimensions would work.
The Billy bookcase is the most popular one here because of the price & generous measurements, it's about ~15 sq feet. The price differs depending on color.

Ikea Billy Bookcase:

Width: 31 1/2" (80cm)
Depth: 11" (28cm)
Height: 79 1/2" (202cm)
Norwegian website:
BILLY Bokhylle - bjørkefiner, 80x28x202 cm - IKEA
US website:

BILLY Bookcase - white - IKEA

Pictures of bookcase cages: (Google "ikea billy marsvin"/"bokhyllebur marsvin" for more pictures)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

You can put in one shelf, drill a hole/saw through it & use it as a kitchen area if you can't use coroplast:
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Wow that is brilliant :p Thanks for the info & links. I'll have to check up on that!

@ (broken link removed): Thanks :D

Frode789

Cavy Slave
Well, I actually ended up with a commercial cage. At least for now, due to difficulties to find the required materials for a proper C&C cage, and because it was actually of decent size. It was the same cage as Varcoda posted a picture of earlier:

48394d1366973274-equipment-c-c-cage-norway-20130320_114309.jpg

I found it at my local pet store, and it costs 1000 NOK (~170 USD), which was cheap compared to the other big cages I had seen earlier, which was ~250+ USD. Hopefully my two piggies will be satisfied with the new 1,2m cage.:)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
congrats on finding it! :) i'm glad that it wasn't extremely expensive, i honestly expected it to be 1500nkr and up!
when my piggies got into a larger cage they were quite happy and excited :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.