Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Scandinavia Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

Frode789

Cavy Slave
Any luck finding sources for C&C in Norway? With shipping from other countries being 100$ :)sad:), I'm now looking for ways to build my own cage. I don't want my piggies living in those small commercial cages..

I've heard Europris for cages, but no luck at my local Europris store for it. Any other suggestions? And what about cloroplast?

Why must it be so hard to find good cages for these cuties? :\ Thanks for any help!

Frode789

Cavy Slave
*Europris for cubes of course.. :)

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
I am positive that [MENTION=26768]Varcoda[/MENTION] can help you out with this one, she lives in Norway too. I believe she used playpen grids and plastic table mats/coroplast to make her piggie cage. :)

Frode789

Cavy Slave
I am positive that @Varcoda can help you out with this one, she lives in Norway too. I believe she used playpen grids and plastic table mats/coroplast to make her piggie cage. :)

Okay :)

And if anyone else has input on this, feel free to post!

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
I'm also sure [MENTION=26768]Varcoda[/MENTION] will be able to help you. You could order some playpen grids, and use a shower curtain/table mat as a base. If there's a sign shop in your city you could ask for Correx, Coroplast or Coroflute - the names are different in other areas.

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
oh hello!

which part of norway are you in? just curious :D

Europris sold it back around 2009-2011. The closest i came to finding grids here was at Europris in Elnesvågen and they told me it was not for sale since they were using it. darn. Another forum user here living in Trondheim as well bought his grids from the UK instead. It IS very expensive shipping though.. i combed various other stores and not much luck.

so i went to Tam and bought playpen grids to build a cage out of. They aren't cheap and average about 180nkr for a pack of 8 fences. The larger ones cost around 230nkr. you need 12 to build a slightly bigger than 2x4 sized cage. I built a big two storey cage :D alternatives are to go to Biltema or similar shops to buy wire shelving, although those i've seen so far are rather narrow.

1366147305888.jpg

as for coroplast, it's also known as corrugated plastic or kanalplast (not fully sure on this). Sign stores will have them, you have to find out the name from [MENTION=24866]helteralan[/MENTION] :)

good luck, would like to help more if i could :)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
20130320_114309.jpgi took this photo at Tam Lade, because i was so impressed a pet store cage an appropriate size existed. that is the slightly bigger than a 2x4 C&C cage, but i couldnt find the price tag or more of it on sale. perhaps you could call up the nearest Tam to ask? :)

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
i took this photo at Tam Lade, because i was so impressed a pet store cage an appropriate size existed. that is the slightly bigger than a 2x4 C&C cage, but i couldnt find the price tag or more of it on sale. perhaps you could call up the nearest Tam to ask? :)

Wow! I'm impressed! Go Norway lol I wish stores in the UK stocked cages like those. Still, it has a rabbit in it...

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
yeah, at least the rabbit is still small, but it's better than being in those fishtank displays. so for a pet store, not so bad :)

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
yeah, at least the rabbit is still small, but it's better than being in those fishtank displays. so for a pet store, not so bad :)

Very true! Do you know what the brand of the cage is?

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
>_< oh so sorry, i don't...

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
>_< oh so sorry, i don't...

That's okay, I just wanted to find out if they were available in the UK, to see if any pet shops stock/would be willing to stock them.

Frode789

Cavy Slave
oh hello!

which part of norway are you in? just curious :D

Europris sold it back around 2009-2011. The closest i came to finding grids here was at Europris in Elnesvågen and they told me it was not for sale since they were using it. darn. Another forum user here living in Trondheim as well bought his grids from the UK instead. It IS very expensive shipping though.. i combed various other stores and not much luck.

so i went to Tam and bought playpen grids to build a cage out of. They aren't cheap and average about 180nkr for a pack of 8 fences. The larger ones cost around 230nkr. you need 12 to build a slightly bigger than 2x4 sized cage. I built a big two storey cage :D alternatives are to go to Biltema or similar shops to buy wire shelving, although those i've seen so far are rather narrow.

View attachment 48392

as for coroplast, it's also known as corrugated plastic or kanalplast (not fully sure on this). Sign stores will have them, you have to find out the name from @helteralan :)

good luck, would like to help more if i could :)

Hey! I live in Kristiansand now. Ah, bummer they stopped selling it.. I actually have those playpen grids already :p How do you secure them properly? (strips?) Great cage by the way! I'll try and look at some sign stores for coroplast.

@ Tam Lade cage: I have too seen a few cages which are big, and good size for piggies. However they usually sit at a 1500-2000 NOK price tag, at least those I have seen so far.. Worth a try though to check :)

Iklepink

Cavy Slave
@SophieBunny I believe those are the cages my RSPCA have for their piggies. I'll try to find out who makes them :)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
bummer indeed, i really wanted the cubes, but to buy from this site was 200 usd in shipping T_T

i secure them with cable ties/zip ties :)

and yup, sadly most cages are still too small and expensive anyway. it's cheaper to build a cage especially if you don't need it covered :) do post a picture of your piggies!

SophieBunny

Cavy Slave
@SophieBunny I believe those are the cages my RSPCA have for their piggies. I'll try to find out who makes them :)

Oh great, thanks! I wonder if we could get them to be sold in pet shops? Pets@Home and the like.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Any luck finding sources for C&C in Norway? With shipping from other countries being 100$ :)sad:), I'm now looking for ways to build my own cage. I don't want my piggies living in those small commercial cages..

I've heard Europris for cages, but no luck at my local Europris store for it. Any other suggestions? And what about cloroplast?

Why must it be so hard to find good cages for these cuties? :\ Thanks for any help!

Have you consider building the cage from other materials? Check out this gallery for ideas.
(broken link removed)

Frode789

Cavy Slave
bummer indeed, i really wanted the cubes, but to buy from this site was 200 usd in shipping T_T

i secure them with cable ties/zip ties :)

and yup, sadly most cages are still too small and expensive anyway. it's cheaper to build a cage especially if you don't need it covered :) do post a picture of your piggies!

Okay :) I think I will try to build a cage with my playpen grids, and use the old cage as a kitchen or something. And just bridge them together.

Here are my little piggies :) -->

904798_10151597676941399_1580189797_o.jpg

adc1Woli.jpg

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
For a cheap & sturdy cage you can use a regular bookcase, it's really common here in Sweden.
You'd need to waterproof it with something like thick pvc/plastic tablecloth which will need replacing, but it's fun to change it with the seasons.
You may also need to support the back/bottom with some cheap plywood, and many prefer to cut a side out & replace it with plexiglass.

I believe Ikea has the same products all over the world including Norway, but any bookcase with appropriate inner dimensions would work.
The Billy bookcase is the most popular one here because of the price & generous measurements, it's about ~15 sq feet. The price differs depending on color.

Ikea Billy Bookcase:

Width: 31 1/2" (80cm)
Depth: 11" (28cm)
Height: 79 1/2" (202cm)
Norwegian website:
BILLY Bokhylle - bjørkefiner, 80x28x202 cm - IKEA
US website:

BILLY Bookcase - white - IKEA

Pictures of bookcase cages: (Google "ikea billy marsvin"/"bokhyllebur marsvin" for more pictures)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

You can put in one shelf, drill a hole/saw through it & use it as a kitchen area if you can't use coroplast:
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Last edited:

SardonicSmile

Cavy Slave
The Ferplast 160 is big enough for 2 piggies, but expensive. Another brand is More4Pets, but I think that is only available in Germany, not really looked too hard into that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.