Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

  1. #1
    Cavy Slave Frode789's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 25, 2013
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    16
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Any luck finding sources for C&C in Norway? With shipping from other countries being 100$ (), I'm now looking for ways to build my own cage. I don't want my piggies living in those small commercial cages..

    I've heard Europris for cages, but no luck at my local Europris store for it. Any other suggestions? And what about cloroplast?

    Why must it be so hard to find good cages for these cuties? :\ Thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    Cavy Slave Frode789's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 25, 2013
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    16
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    *Europris for cubes of course..

  3. #3
    Cavy Slave SophieBunny's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 04, 2013
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    132
    Thanks
    55 Rec'd/54 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    I am positive that @Varcoda can help you out with this one, she lives in Norway too. I believe she used playpen grids and plastic table mats/coroplast to make her piggie cage.

  4. #4
    Cavy Slave Frode789's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 25, 2013
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    16
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by SophieBunny View Post
    I am positive that @Varcoda can help you out with this one, she lives in Norway too. I believe she used playpen grids and plastic table mats/coroplast to make her piggie cage.
    Okay

    And if anyone else has input on this, feel free to post!

  5. #5
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Dec 29, 2012
    Location
    Uk
    Posts
    678
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    41
    Thanks
    83 Rec'd/75 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    I'm also sure @Varcoda will be able to help you. You could order some playpen grids, and use a shower curtain/table mat as a base. If there's a sign shop in your city you could ask for Correx, Coroplast or Coroflute - the names are different in other areas.

  6. #6
    Cavy Slave Varcoda's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 10, 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    1,220
    Thanks
    90
    Thanks
    263 Rec'd/191 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    oh hello!

    which part of norway are you in? just curious

    Europris sold it back around 2009-2011. The closest i came to finding grids here was at Europris in Elnesvågen and they told me it was not for sale since they were using it. darn. Another forum user here living in Trondheim as well bought his grids from the UK instead. It IS very expensive shipping though.. i combed various other stores and not much luck.

    so i went to Tam and bought playpen grids to build a cage out of. They aren't cheap and average about 180nkr for a pack of 8 fences. The larger ones cost around 230nkr. you need 12 to build a slightly bigger than 2x4 sized cage. I built a big two storey cage alternatives are to go to Biltema or similar shops to buy wire shelving, although those i've seen so far are rather narrow.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1366147305888.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	48392

    as for coroplast, it's also known as corrugated plastic or kanalplast (not fully sure on this). Sign stores will have them, you have to find out the name from @helteralan

    good luck, would like to help more if i could

  7. #7
    Cavy Slave Varcoda's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 10, 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    1,220
    Thanks
    90
    Thanks
    263 Rec'd/191 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130320_114309.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	48394i took this photo at Tam Lade, because i was so impressed a pet store cage an appropriate size existed. that is the slightly bigger than a 2x4 C&C cage, but i couldnt find the price tag or more of it on sale. perhaps you could call up the nearest Tam to ask?

  8. #8
    Cavy Slave SophieBunny's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 04, 2013
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    132
    Thanks
    55 Rec'd/54 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcoda View Post
    i took this photo at Tam Lade, because i was so impressed a pet store cage an appropriate size existed. that is the slightly bigger than a 2x4 C&C cage, but i couldnt find the price tag or more of it on sale. perhaps you could call up the nearest Tam to ask?
    Wow! I'm impressed! Go Norway I wish stores in the UK stocked cages like those. Still, it has a rabbit in it...

  9. #9
    Cavy Slave Varcoda's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 10, 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    1,220
    Thanks
    90
    Thanks
    263 Rec'd/191 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    yeah, at least the rabbit is still small, but it's better than being in those fishtank displays. so for a pet store, not so bad

  10. #10
    Cavy Slave SophieBunny's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 04, 2013
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    132
    Thanks
    55 Rec'd/54 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcoda View Post
    yeah, at least the rabbit is still small, but it's better than being in those fishtank displays. so for a pet store, not so bad
    Very true! Do you know what the brand of the cage is?

  11. #11
    Cavy Slave Varcoda's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 10, 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    1,220
    Thanks
    90
    Thanks
    263 Rec'd/191 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    >_< oh so sorry, i don't...

  12. #12
    Cavy Slave SophieBunny's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 04, 2013
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    132
    Thanks
    55 Rec'd/54 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcoda View Post
    >_< oh so sorry, i don't...
    That's okay, I just wanted to find out if they were available in the UK, to see if any pet shops stock/would be willing to stock them.

  13. #13
    Cavy Slave Frode789's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 25, 2013
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    16
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcoda View Post
    oh hello!

    which part of norway are you in? just curious

    Europris sold it back around 2009-2011. The closest i came to finding grids here was at Europris in Elnesvågen and they told me it was not for sale since they were using it. darn. Another forum user here living in Trondheim as well bought his grids from the UK instead. It IS very expensive shipping though.. i combed various other stores and not much luck.

    so i went to Tam and bought playpen grids to build a cage out of. They aren't cheap and average about 180nkr for a pack of 8 fences. The larger ones cost around 230nkr. you need 12 to build a slightly bigger than 2x4 sized cage. I built a big two storey cage alternatives are to go to Biltema or similar shops to buy wire shelving, although those i've seen so far are rather narrow.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1366147305888.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	48392

    as for coroplast, it's also known as corrugated plastic or kanalplast (not fully sure on this). Sign stores will have them, you have to find out the name from @helteralan

    good luck, would like to help more if i could
    Hey! I live in Kristiansand now. Ah, bummer they stopped selling it.. I actually have those playpen grids already How do you secure them properly? (strips?) Great cage by the way! I'll try and look at some sign stores for coroplast.

    @ Tam Lade cage: I have too seen a few cages which are big, and good size for piggies. However they usually sit at a 1500-2000 NOK price tag, at least those I have seen so far.. Worth a try though to check

  14. #14
    Cavy Slave Iklepink's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 18, 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    454
    Thanks
    187
    Thanks
    88 Rec'd/64 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    @SophieBunny I believe those are the cages my RSPCA have for their piggies. I'll try to find out who makes them

  15. #15
    Cavy Slave Varcoda's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 10, 2013
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway
    Posts
    1,220
    Thanks
    90
    Thanks
    263 Rec'd/191 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    bummer indeed, i really wanted the cubes, but to buy from this site was 200 usd in shipping T_T

    i secure them with cable ties/zip ties

    and yup, sadly most cages are still too small and expensive anyway. it's cheaper to build a cage especially if you don't need it covered do post a picture of your piggies!

  16. #16
    Cavy Slave SophieBunny's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 04, 2013
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    132
    Thanks
    55 Rec'd/54 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Iklepink View Post
    @SophieBunny I believe those are the cages my RSPCA have for their piggies. I'll try to find out who makes them
    Oh great, thanks! I wonder if we could get them to be sold in pet shops? [email protected] and the like.

  17. #17
    Administrator lissie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 25, 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    9,334
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanks
    2,341 Rec'd/1,698 Posts
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1004 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Frode789 View Post
    Any luck finding sources for C&C in Norway? With shipping from other countries being 100$ (), I'm now looking for ways to build my own cage. I don't want my piggies living in those small commercial cages..

    I've heard Europris for cages, but no luck at my local Europris store for it. Any other suggestions? And what about cloroplast?

    Why must it be so hard to find good cages for these cuties? :\ Thanks for any help!
    Have you consider building the cage from other materials? Check out this gallery for ideas.
    Alternative Cages - Guinea Pig Cage Photos

  18. #18
    Cavy Slave Frode789's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 25, 2013
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    56
    Thanks
    16
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcoda View Post
    bummer indeed, i really wanted the cubes, but to buy from this site was 200 usd in shipping T_T

    i secure them with cable ties/zip ties

    and yup, sadly most cages are still too small and expensive anyway. it's cheaper to build a cage especially if you don't need it covered do post a picture of your piggies!
    Okay I think I will try to build a cage with my playpen grids, and use the old cage as a kitchen or something. And just bridge them together.

    Here are my little piggies -->

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	904798_10151597676941399_1580189797_o.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	48439

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adc1Woli.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	48440

  19. #19
    Cavy Slave HannibalLecter's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 17, 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,812
    Thanks
    292
    Thanks
    587 Rec'd/396 Posts
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quoted
    293 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    For a cheap & sturdy cage you can use a regular bookcase, it's really common here in Sweden.
    You'd need to waterproof it with something like thick pvc/plastic tablecloth which will need replacing, but it's fun to change it with the seasons.
    You may also need to support the back/bottom with some cheap plywood, and many prefer to cut a side out & replace it with plexiglass.

    I believe Ikea has the same products all over the world including Norway, but any bookcase with appropriate inner dimensions would work.
    The Billy bookcase is the most popular one here because of the price & generous measurements, it's about ~15 sq feet. The price differs depending on color.

    Ikea Billy Bookcase:

    Width: 31 1/2" (80cm)
    Depth: 11" (28cm)
    Height: 79 1/2" (202cm)
    Norwegian website:
    BILLY Bokhylle - bjørkefiner, 80x28x202 cm - IKEA
    US website:

    BILLY Bookcase - white - IKEA


    Pictures of bookcase cages: (Google "ikea billy marsvin"/"bokhyllebur marsvin" for more pictures)
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2z6x9n5.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/50go61.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/4vqyvk.jpg

    You can put in one shelf, drill a hole/saw through it & use it as a kitchen area if you can't use coroplast:
    http://i50.tinypic.com/rjmrtz.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/1f4n7.jpg
    Last edited by HannibalLecter; 04-27-13 at 03:18 am.

  20. #20
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Aug 02, 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    268
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    81 Rec'd/51 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

    Re: Equipment for C&C cage - Norway

    The Ferplast 160 is big enough for 2 piggies, but expensive. Another brand is More4Pets, but I think that is only available in Germany, not really looked too hard into that.

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •