Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not eating vegetables

So my two Gpigs are siblings but they were separated from each for a couple of weeks. Like in different states(long story check out my introduction if ya want ;) ) They are around two months old and I've had them for only 4 days. So, the pigs are trying to re-get to know each other. A bit of butt sniffing, mounting, a little nipping and nose raising. Trying to figure who's boss. One day my smaller pig Marco seemed to spook his brother a bit. But now Toby, my bigger boy seems to be more dominant. I don't know if Toby is hogging the vegetables that I give to them or if Marco just doesn't want them. But Toby devours the romaine lettuce, carrots, and broccoli florets (didn't touch the bell peppers unfortunately) and Marco just sniffed them and ran over to their hay basket to munch on that...I know he needs those veggies but I'm not sure how to get him to eat them. Any ideas? Btw Even when Toby is minding his own business Marco will look at the veggies and not eat them.

Thanks
    Thanks
    263 Rec'd/191 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    129 Post(s)

Re: Not eating vegetables

if marco isnt used to vegetables, cutting them into very fine pieces to mix in with pellets would help him get used to the taste. you could also feed him when he's out for a one-on-one laptime? :)

User Tag List