Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Who Are We?

Who are you? Click all that apply...

• Female

Votes: 1,456 87.2%
  • Male

Votes: 152 9.1%

Votes: 141 8.4%

Votes: 295 17.7%

Votes: 742 44.5%

Votes: 396 23.7%

Votes: 75 4.5%
  • Live: US

Votes: 1,216 72.9%
  • Live: Canada

Votes: 138 8.3%
  • Live: UK

Votes: 140 8.4%
  • Live: Europe

Votes: 48 2.9%
  • Live: Asia

Votes: 9 0.5%
  • Live: Australia/NZ

Votes: 75 4.5%
  • Live: Other

Votes: 19 1.1%
  • Cavies: Planning on them

Votes: 163 9.8%
  • Cavies: Pet guardian

Votes: 1,262 75.6%
  • Cavies: Breed (intentionally have babies, once or repeatedly)

Votes: 21 1.3%
  • Cage: Planning on one that meets site minimums

Votes: 282 16.9%
  • Cage: Have cage that meets site minimums or more

Votes: 1,243 74.5%
  • Cage: Have a pet store or below minimum-size cage

Votes: 145 8.7%

• Total voters

mrgiggles

Cavy Slave
New member here! :) 20 year old male from Muncie, Indiana! Trying the learn the in's and out's of my furry companions!

YK Shepherd

Cavy Slave
31 years old feeling 100 right now because I have that darn cold, my kids have that darn cold and so does the hubby. We are all old feeling right now.:sick:

creamsicle

Cavy Slave
i love that poll!

hybrid_owner

Cavy Slave
Hi!!!! I am new the the board, but I am REALLY excited about bringing our two guinea pigs home. They are a gift for the kids for Christmas (shhhhhh!!! Don't tell).

Binas Cavys

Cavy Slave
I voted! I think that it is wierd that we are manly girls!

ageissbe

Cavy Slave
i looked at the postal totes -they are cool. i think the totes he is referring to are like the ones you put under the bed or christmas ornaments in

ageissbe

Cavy Slave
that is how i got my first piggie now_I_have two. my eight year old didn't quite get as excited over the pigs as i did.!!:crazy: :crazy: :D
hybrid_owner said:
Hi!!!! I am new the the board, but I am REALLY excited about bringing our two guinea pigs home. They are a gift for the kids for Christmas (shhhhhh!!! Don't tell).

saturn_power

Cavy Slave
my pig is in a 2x5 cage at the moment

TipiDancer

Cavy Slave
Wow, lots of us are females in the US. Haha, I'm a male in Canada...

cavyinhawaii

Cavy Slave
I have 2 little piggies. Right now they have a cage that is going to be too small fairly soon. They are right about 3 months old and almost one pound each.
We are going to build our cavy cage next weekend,I hope.
We are in Hawaii and are having a little trouble locating the grids.
I am going to try walmart next.

HandcuffedAngel

Cavy Slave
I technically represent a male and a female because my boyfriend and myself are a team when it comes to our animals.

He helped me with my cavy cage and the transport of Gus-Gus and Sharpie. He also buys them things, which is so nice. ^_^

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
As an older male I do seem to be in the minority here. These small furry companions are excellant for apartment dwellers. One of the reasons after Harry made his initial post to the guys in my veterans group I had him keep talking to them was to spread the word.

And the way most of us enjoy designing and building things you have no idea the fun I had working on the cage and periodic alterations.

jackrungh

Cavy Slave
I am surprised at the demographic here. Im a 22 year old guy finishing up undergraduate here in Texas. Ive had Calico for about 5 months, next saturday im going to the Texas Rustlers Guinea Pig rescue (Anyone from the area, this place is amazing, check it out.), hopefully to get her a baby sister. Despite the poll results, it seems us men have come out guns blazing in this thread pronouncing our minority. lol

As harry mentioned, there is a strong appeal in the way of building things for the cages and coming up with ever more elaborate systems of comfort and delight for ones little charges. The guy who rigged up and old PSU for piggie-AC set me off for hours thinking up things I could do with my mountain of discarded computer parts.

Stay strong, brothers :cool:

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Despite the poll results, it seems us men have come out guns blazing in this thread pronouncing our minority....
Stay strong, brothers :cool:
HEY! Are you trying to somehow undermine our mission? This forum is nothing more then a front for the feminist movement to take over the world through proper animal care and welfare.

We do not appreciate you trying to get the men all riled up just when we got them to like stuffed animals, lace and flowers and to openly cry and share their feelings.

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Don't forget the chocolate, VJ.

Trega

Cavy Slave
Sometimes I wish I were a guy because being a female can sure be difficult sometimes. Ah well, maybe in the next life. Anyways, I am a 20 year old female with two piggies and a 2X4 cage.

cookie_gal

Cavy Slave
Hey I wish I were a guy at certain times of the year!

GuineaFood

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I'm male, 28, and engaged for two years. I live in the UK about two hours north of London. We have six guineas between us, (four are mine, two are my fiance's) We do not breed guineas, but could possibly be considered 'collectors', as we have guineas of various breeds, and specifically chose to get Himalayans and a Rex. We're planning on getting another guinea in about 4-5 months, as my Rex will be vacating his hutch for a larger one, and it would be wrong to have an empty hutch when it could give a rescue guinea a good home. My fiance would like us to get a sheltie, but having had one before, I know how much grooming and care they require, so we will likely not get one of those.
As for accomodation, they are custom built hutches that exceed the requirements listed for size - guinea ratios.

MilwCavyMom

Cavy Slave
Well I voted Planning on piggies and have them, since tomorrow I'll be a Piggy Mom. :D And I have the cage 70% set up, minus coroplast.
Sabriel...you're too funny!

MCR_Rox

Cavy Slave
I accidentally only have my age checked :(. i didn't realize the rest of the answers until I clicked submit. I live in USA, and have 2 piggies. I don't know if my cage size is right for them. It is a 2x3 grid.

EDIT: I noticed that is says the minimum is the same for 1, so it is probably good :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.