Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Instagram advice

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
I know a lot of people have been talking about instagraming pics of their piggies. I love it! But since I started pigstagraming, I have noticed a lot of instagram users that have pages offering advice on guinea pigs. Most of these pages offer BAD advice. To counteract some of this bad advice I have decided to start posting some of my own advice. I want to get some feedback before I post it because I don't want to post bad advice myself. Here are some of the topics I've decided are important to cover first. (If you have any tips on other important topics, let me know)

Instagram advice
Instagram advice
Instagram advice
Instagram advice

Aleks

Cavy Slave
About the first one, you should add that the grids need to be 9x9's.
Also mention about the hay that it needs to be a long strand grass hay such as Timothy, as opposed to Alfalfa hay(legume). And if you can fit in there add that you can use alfalfa hay as a supplement for young pigs/pregnant pigs (but the majority of the hay still needs to be a grass hay).
And if you can fit this one in there too, then add that only one neutered boar should be housed with a group of sows.
Overall it's pretty good advice.
:)

Last edited:

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
i dont think i'm going to redo the whole thing, but i can put those additives in the caption :) thanks for ur input @Aleks

sofieguineapigs

Cavy Slave
Yeah I think it's good but just remember- not everyone can follow all your advice aha, like me, living in Australia, the only pellets I've seen that have vitamin c have are in a mix with wheat oats and chaff, so yeah. It's good though:)

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
I know a lot of people have been talking about instagraming pics of their piggies. I love it! But since I started pigstagraming, I have noticed a lot of instagram users that have pages offering advice on guinea pigs. Most of these pages offer BAD advice. To counteract some of this bad advice I have decided to start posting some of my own advice. I want to get some feedback before I post it because I don't want to post bad advice myself. Here are some of the topics I've decided are important to cover first. (If you have any tips on other important topics, let me know)

View attachment 47441
View attachment 47442
View attachment 47443
View attachment 47444
In my opinion there's too much to read. I would brake them into smaller pices. Like, " did u know pet store cages are to small for guiniea pigs? Check out C&C cages!there cheeper then pet store cages to!"

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That is the one thing I really hate about having a pigstagram >.< Yesterday, I saw a person with a male and a female pig cramped in a small wire-bottomed cage (I don't even think it was a pig cage, it was for birds) with no hay.. It makes my blood boil..

not everyone can follow all your advice aha, like me, living in Australia, the only pellets I've seen that have vitamin c have are in a mix with wheat oats and chaff, so yeah.
It can be really hard trying to find pellets in Australia that aren't lucerne based and are fortified in vitamin C, thankfully my exotics vet sells Oxbow products. You can order a big bag online though.

Kimberlei

Cavy Slave
In my opinion there's too much to read. I would brake them into smaller pices. Like, " did u know pet store cages are to small for guiniea pigs? Check out C&C cages!there cheeper then pet store cages to!"

I would agree with this. The advice seems great to me, but I just think that it may be too much all at once for people to take in. So maybe one point in each box.

I think that what you you are doing is excellent to help guinea pigs get the best care possible. I also think that the colours and font used look amazing!!!!!

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
These boxes are great! I agree though, I would make them a bit smaller, and maybe add a catchy quote underneath. For example: Adopt, don't Shop! (Then a cute picture of a guinea pig) Thousands of Guinea Pigs are in Shelters!
Apart from that, great job!

gigiroxstar

Cavy Slave
Fantastic! Instagram is a great way to get knowledge around to different people. One person with the right knowledge can educate so many other people! What's your username? I'll follow you.

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
I actually disagree that it's too long, I think it's the perfect length, if it was any shorter it wouldn't get all the information across.

(If anyone wants to follow me, my username is @MochaAndMoo :) ).

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
My username is guineagal2013 (same as on here so that it is easy to find me). I don't really want to make them shorter because I think these r important things to cover right away (I'm not posting all the pics at once in hopes of reaching more people). Future posts will probably be shorter after I get the common misconceptions out of the way. Thanks everyone for taking the time to read them and offer advice/support

GuineaGal2013

Cavy Slave
Also, the reason the C&C cage post is so long is because I remember when I first heard of C&C's i was confused on what the grids where, where to find them, and the actual name of the product so that I COULD find them in the store/online. I just try to give the information I know that I wanted but had trouble finding. Again, not all the pics will be posted at the same time, which will cut down on the overwhelming effect. And I realize not everyone can/will take my advice... but it is better for them to actually be presented with the information.

This was started for me by one of the people I am following, I tried to tell her to take her sick piggy to the vet and she just deleted my comments. Her guinea pig passed away. Now she is thinking about giving advice herself and it aggravates me (she had a single pig, in a pet store cage, and didn't take him to the vet when he needed to be taken). So rather than "fighting" with her about her advice I will post my own. Maybe that way she will actually research what she is saying rather than just giving out bad advice.

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave
I love this. My instagram is @shewasarastaa btw ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.