Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Water bottles

• Thread starter Lovesome piggie
  • Start date

Lovesome piggie

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering if I will need one or two water bottles. I plan on getting two piggies in a 2x4 C&C cage. I have seen lots of people with just one and a lot of people have two so just wondering?

KaileighRussell

Cavy Slave
I have two water bottles (Living world glass ones the biggest they have) for three guinea pigs.

I just like to have the extra reassurance that if I'm ever out and a water bottle breaks or empties in the cage that there's a backup for them!

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
I would recommend two, it will be good in case there is any dominance issues, and if one bottle stops working then they will still have a water supply.

Sindas

Cavy Slave
I was going to have 2, but the 2nd leaked so bad it was 3/4 gone after 20 minutes. So one for now for us. I will end up getting another one though.

Lovesome piggie

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys I will probably get two then ;)

R5 plus

Cavy Slave
It is recommended to have 2. The reasoning is that if a dominant pig is not allowing the other to drink, there is another alternative. There may be also times of the year (summer) when they need to drink more.

I personally am using one right now, because they seem to have a preference for that one (they are both the same - just had them in different locations).

You may only be seeing part of the cage as well. Some people put them in different areas to reduce power struggles, or for convenience, etc.

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I recommend 2!! I have one right now but I'm adding 2 just to make sure because of dominance issues, etc.

:cheerful: Good Luck :cheerful:

bibliocavy

Cavy Slave
Colian and Oliver have two water bottles (one each), just in case one goes "flop-bot", then they have a back up. It's also for dominance issues too, as Oliver doesn't always like to share. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.