Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits 3 week old abanoned bunny. what do i do!

Kim1203

Cavy Slave
okay so the mom died, and she is three weeks old. I have owned rabbits before, but never this young. so I'm stressing out. I know she is not fully weaned yet and I was doing some research on what to do and I read that at this age they should be starting to "experiment" with solid food, but should still have formula or something. I was just wondering if that's right. sorry, I guess I don't fully know what to ask, but I do need to bottle feed her, right??? anything else I need to know??

Thank you.

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
I have no clue! but i believe they do sell bunny formula! I hope you get an answer! Consider this a nice, free bump

Kermit_Koeller

Cavy Slave
maybe this will help?
(broken link removed)

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
Rabbits can die VERY EASILY from stress. Her eyes are open aren't they? I have given a baby bunny kitten formula before with success, but I think at her age she is OK to not have formula. . Keep her in a quiet place, also give her a box ( Nesting box) to use as a hidey. A CArdboard box works. It needs to be warm as well. No heat lamp, but maybe a heating pad with a towel over it. Give her all the food / veggies and hay she wants. Do not put her with another rabbit unless its a littermate. Weigh her daily to make sure she is getting what she needs.

Kim1203

Cavy Slave
thanks guys, she's doing well and slowly gaing weight everyday. I managed to get her to bottle feed, but it's still difficult. she is also starting to eat a lot more solid food and refusing the formula a little more everyday. Thanks for the help :)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Oh, that is good news. She is lucky that she was older. I hope things continue to go well. She should be eating solid food exclusively in two weeks or so.

Megaredize

Cavy Slave
aww poor baby. im glad she is doing well in your care. would love to see your baby bunny

Pankaj Tiwari

Cavy Slave
Thanks for sharing this post. I have no any suggestion about this you have go to some local veterinarian.

Last edited by a moderator:

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
Im in the same situation at the moment! I need soem advice! how is she doing

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.