Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rest in peace my sweet sparkle

CrimsonHeart

Cavy Slave
So I woken at night by panicked squealing. I walked down stairs to find twinkle pushing her mum and nuzzling her, at this point I'm worried she isn't moving, so I pick her up and she feels limp but is breathing. Without admitting it I knew that it was because of her mite treatment, it was a side effect. I take out her carrier and put in her fluffy pillow with a bowl of water some lettuce and hay. I wanted to make her comfy. I knew that she was have ing trouble supporting herself so I lay her agents the side with all her stuff near so it's not stressful. Now I call my vet who says there nothing he can do to help and that in the next hour she would be gone. I'm in shock, it was happening to fast and she was so happy and jumpy before, how could this happen? She held out the whoul day before, at 8:00 she passed away in my arms. I loved her so I cry at nights just wanting her back. Her daughter is in mourning too and puts food in the second piggloo for her.

this is my story and I hope my little angel is up, eating parsley with the angles.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Awwww. I am so sorry for your loss. Pumpkin, Nala, and I send you our regards and love. Did she pass on because of a mite treatment?

pinky

Cavy Slave
What kind of treatment did she have for mites?

CrimsonHeart

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure he never told me specifically what was in the injection but that it could cause a heart attack. It makes me worry as her daughter is also getting the same treatment

CrimsonHeart

Cavy Slave
Yes I knew because I noticed she lost her appitite after she got it but not exceedingly so I never noticed. It worrys me as my other baby twinkle is getting the same treatment and she is smaller and a year younger

Last edited:

~Mel~

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It's awful losing a pet. :(

Justina Jank

Cavy Slave
My little one Mister Snowflake got the beaphar anti-parasite spot on drops to defend him from parasites. He got it 12 days ago. It helped to stop him scratching, and the hair started to regrow on his tummy where he lost some. However, within a week he became more and more sleepy. On last Saturday he slept on his favourite pillow for 5 hours and then late at night lost his apetite. Once I moved him to his cage and kissed his forehead goodbye, he slowly looked to one side than the other and went into his little wooden house. That was the last time I saw him alive :guilty: He died on Sunday morning (10 days after his treatment) :guilty: now it's the second day I can't stop crying. My Snowflake left me.. like a pure snowflake melted right before spring :weepy: he was only 10 months old..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.