Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 261

Thread: Breeds/Varieties

  1. #241
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Quote Originally Posted by elmoabt View Post
    Hi there! Can you tell me about my piggie!?! I am new to the GP world!!! Have only had Peanut for about 2 weeks. (Also, that picture was in his pet store cage on day 1. He is now in a C&C cage!)


    Attachment 62388Attachment 62389Attachment 62390
    The breed is an American, and the variety is a TSW or Tortoise Shell and White.

  2. #242
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPigMania2 View Post
    Sorry, I don't have pigtures. Mine are from the UK though, but sure my male is a Self Red and my girl is a Red-eyed Dutch (they are both neutered) My past guiea pig was a Golden American question, I'll see if I can get pigtures.
    Not quite sure what your asking ? I'm not very familiar with how the UK groups breeds and varieties and such, so if you have pictures I can really only tell you by American standards sorry.

  3. #243
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Quote Originally Posted by Chefette View Post
    Hey I just got my baby girl Dennis (though she was a he) 2 months ago. Have no idea what breed she is.. I asked the previous owner and they looked at me blankly and said guinea pig.. useless! But im very curious to see what she is?Attachment 62409
    Have you clipped her hair at all? If you haven't clipped it, and thats the natural length, she would be an America/Silkie mix. The variety is a TSW or Tortoise Shell and White. Such a cute face!

  4. #244
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Quote Originally Posted by Krymle View Post
    Attachment 62410
    Hi, can you tell what breed and variety this one is? Dont even know if its a he or she yet.
    The breed is an American, the variety is most likely a Black and Cream Broken. There's a chance it's really a Chocolate and Cream Broken, but it might just be the lighting. Babies usually are born darker, so if her/his dark colored patches get lighter and more chocolate like with age, then it would be a Chocolate and Cream Broken.

  5. #245
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Sorry if I'm getting back to anyone late, thanks for all the questions, I LOVE looking at your pigtures!

  6. #246
    Cavy Slave martini907's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 13, 2009
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/5 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Ok thanks

  7. #247
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Jul 04, 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)
    Thanks
    72
    Thanks
    142 Rec'd/131 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    @MizzyMiz , The Abyssinian is actually their nanny boar! The little black and white broken baby looks like he's started to get longer tufts of hair, could be be a Silkie mix? And the little Lilac is 100% Lilac, he's soooooo beautiful

  8. #248
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Quote Originally Posted by agirlwithink View Post
    @MizzyMiz , The Abyssinian is actually their nanny boar! The little black and white broken baby looks like he's started to get longer tufts of hair, could be be a Silkie mix? And the little Lilac is 100% Lilac, he's soooooo beautiful
    Haha, oh cute xD nanny boars. Only time will tell with the baby, sometimes baby will go through an awkward "uglies" stage where their fur gets a little wacky.

  9. #249
    Cavy Slave cavykaitlyn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 27, 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    597
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Thanks
    63
    Thanks
    114 Rec'd/88 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Hello to the ever-glorious @MizzyMiz ! How wonderful it is to see you here again!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394753570.027022.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	62424

    This is (Doctor) Thomas. His full name is Thomas Jefferson. He has a beautiful black color with a white stripe behind his ears.

    I don't quite know what breed he is. He may be some sort of mix, because of the whorl behind his head and the long hair down his back.

    The hair is long, soft, and lustrous. It even shines a bit!

    (He was in the bathtub when I took this pigture)

    Thank you for your help!

  10. #250
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Quote Originally Posted by cavykaitlyn View Post
    Hello to the ever-glorious @MizzyMiz ! How wonderful it is to see you here again!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394753570.027022.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	62424

    This is (Doctor) Thomas. His full name is Thomas Jefferson. He has a beautiful black color with a white stripe behind his ears.

    I don't quite know what breed he is. He may be some sort of mix, because of the whorl behind his head and the long hair down his back.

    The hair is long, soft, and lustrous. It even shines a bit!

    (He was in the bathtub when I took this pigture)

    Thank you for your help!
    Good to see you again too! He's definitely some sort of Peruvian mix. I'm thinking either Peruvian/American mix or even a Peruvian/Abby. The variety is Black and White broken

    I know you were interested in learning more about the breeds, and varieties, let me know if you have any questions!

  11. #251
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Mar 07, 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    8
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    @MizzyMiz oh that is wonderful to know! Thanks so much for the response on both threads. You are very good at this!

  12. #252
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Aww, thanks so much I enjoy doing it

  13. #253
    Cavy Slave cavykaitlyn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 27, 2013
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    597
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Thanks
    63
    Thanks
    114 Rec'd/88 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    @MizzyMiz

    I just got my things taken away, so I'm typing this from the school computer (GPC is not blocked here!). I'll be able to get on most days of the week.

    Yes, I do love learning about the breeds and varieties!

    My question is always how to tell what kind of mix a piggy is. I knew mine was some sort of Peruvian after looking at all the pigtures, but I couldn't tell what else he was mixed with. Do you think, because of that spiky, short hair on his head, that he could be part Abysinnian (I have absolutely no idea if I spelled that right)? Oh, I just don't know.

    He sure is cute, though! I love the long butt mane When I posted pigtures of him on Tumblr, @spudsthepiget loved them! He is very photogenic. He even takes selfies with me! The boy just loves the camera.

    Thank you for all of your help! I cannot wait to talk to you all again! This forum just so happened to be my LIFE for six months. It's addicting.

  14. #254
    Cavy Slave GPnooby's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 28, 2014
    Location
    Madison, IN
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Piper is about 9 weeks now. Just curious if you might be able to tell what her breed is.
    I think she is a abyssinian, but not fully sure.

    These are the best pictures I have right now. She is to squirmy to get any better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140310_161659.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	62431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140310_161257.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	62432  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140308_155637.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	185.9 KB 
ID:	62433  

  15. #255
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Quote Originally Posted by cavykaitlyn View Post
    @MizzyMiz

    I just got my things taken away, so I'm typing this from the school computer (GPC is not blocked here!). I'll be able to get on most days of the week.

    Yes, I do love learning about the breeds and varieties!

    My question is always how to tell what kind of mix a piggy is. I knew mine was some sort of Peruvian after looking at all the pigtures, but I couldn't tell what else he was mixed with. Do you think, because of that spiky, short hair on his head, that he could be part Abysinnian (I have absolutely no idea if I spelled that right)? Oh, I just don't know.

    He sure is cute, though! I love the long butt mane When I posted pigtures of him on Tumblr, @spudsthepiget loved them! He is very photogenic. He even takes selfies with me! The boy just loves the camera.

    Thank you for all of your help! I cannot wait to talk to you all again! This forum just so happened to be my LIFE for six months. It's addicting.
    I was leaning more towards Peruvian/American because on their own, Peruvians have a couple rosettes on their bum and a frontal (that spikey hair on the head), which seams to be what yours has. Abby/ Peruvians usually have a lot more rosettes.

  16. #256
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Quote Originally Posted by GPnooby View Post
    Piper is about 9 weeks now. Just curious if you might be able to tell what her breed is.
    I think she is a abyssinian, but not fully sure.

    These are the best pictures I have right now. She is to squirmy to get any better
    The breed is definitely an Abyssinian ( since she is still so young her hair might grow out if she's a mix with a long haired, but at the moment she just looks Abby). The variety is a red, chocolate, and white broken

  17. #257
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Mar 07, 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    74
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks
    8
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    @cavykaitlyn haha butt mane. Love it! And man I feel your pain. My mama used to take my things away from me all the time too -.-

  18. #258
    Cavy Slave GPnooby's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 28, 2014
    Location
    Madison, IN
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Thank you

  19. #259
    Cavy Slave GuineaPigMania2's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 06, 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in the world... (England)
    Posts
    155
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    15 Rec'd/15 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Sorry, I didn't really explain. I wanted you to check their breeds, sorry. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I know their breeds, just wanted to check

  20. #260
    Cavy Slave MizzyMiz's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 03, 2013
    Posts
    416
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Thanks
    82
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/61 Posts

    Re: Breeds/Varieties

    Quote Originally Posted by GuineaPigMania2 View Post
    Sorry, I didn't really explain. I wanted you to check their breeds, sorry. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I know their breeds, just wanted to check
    All the breeds in the US are based on fur type, so if you could describe their fur length, texture, rosettes, and such I'd be more than happy to!

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •