Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Duff was fine last night

I brought him back downstairs to spend the night with his roomie. OPP who had been looking for him since Friday, suddenly was very freaked out by him being there. He is normally a very calm pig but he started darting around and running to hide. So weird. I think he must know something is up.

If he makes it through the night and isn't any better by tomorrow, I think I need to do the humane thing and take him to the vet to let him go peacefully.

Hunnie, Bae-Bae, and I are all sending love and good wishes for Duff. The girls think he is super cute btw :). I hope with everything I've got, that he toots it all out and gets better. I'll be keeping him in my good vibe thoughts all night :)

I really hope your little man pulls through somehow. If not, we are all here for you!

Big hugs to you an Duff xx such a brave little soldier xx

We are so sorry about this turn .... All of us here are praying for you and Duff and send piggy wheeks your way!

I'm so sorry...continue to keep us posted.

Oh Duffy, I REALLY hope he is going to turn around. Poor little guy. Gwen, Treenie, Penelope, Carmelle and I are all sending tons of wheeks and kisses. <3

Sending positive thoughts to you and duff.

Any news? I hope everything is okay. Hedwig, Scabbers and I are all sending love and positive thoughts <3

I had such high hopes when it looked like he was making a turn around over the weekend. Unfortunately Duff did not make it through the night. Sleep well little buddy. Be at peace

Oh CavyMama, I'm so sorry! I read this and tears came to my eyes (coworker came by and was like "what's wrong?!"). I feel for you. Dixie, Sadie and I are praying for you. -hugs-

Sleep tight little man xx so sorry chick xx

So sorry :'(

I didn't get to know your little Duff, but I am sure he will be missed by all of your friends here on GPC.

Sleep soundly, little fellow,
For all is not yet lost
I loved you through your too-short life
With your health as the unfortunate cost
But there's a light at the end of the tunnel
I will see you again
We'll meet once more in Heaven
I'm sure you'll know me, my friend
Your personality lit up the room
It's hard to believe you're gone
I remember your pink little nose
That innocent, tiny yawn
Your brown and fluffy fur aplenty
We'll miss you now, my dear
If you're smiling down on me, little Duff
Know you're in my heart, right here.

I wrote this for you, CavyMama, because I know how hard it can be to lose a pet. I have lost three mice, a gerbil, and two hamsters, which of course cannot compare to the life of a bigger animal. But losing the ones you love to death's cold hands does not mean you will never see then again. No matter what religion you are, you will someday be reunited with your beloved Duff. Look at it like this. A person passes. But years later, another person comes to the surface, and it seems that they have a sort of knack for acting like the deceased person would. You will meet him, perhaps in another form, perhaps in Heaven, whatever you choose. He will find you, and you will both be at peace.

Happiness be with you through these dark times.

~ck

Oh dear. I'm sorry.

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Duff :'(

Im so sorry for your loss :( such a handsome man. this brought me to tears

I am so sorry. Rest well, little Duff.

Oh no...I'm so sorry. :(

Thanks, everyone. I think in my heart, I knew it was coming. I had seen it before in some of my pigs. When they stop chewing the Critical Care altogether, it's usually borrowed time. Had he survived the night, I would likely have had to make the hard but necessary decision.

He was quite a character, always full of energy. Just a great, spunky, full of character little guy.

Duff was fine last night

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.