Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Bad Rosie Pig

So, all the sudden, Rosie Pig (a little over 1 yr old), has begun to chew on the litter boxes. I have 3 total in their house, 2 are 'potties' and one I put blankies in, and sit behind a 'privacy curtain' ...that's what we call the 'princess bed'. Last week, I noticed her chewing on the bed box....I kept it in, thinking it was a one-time deal. I did notice her fave chew log hadn't been put back in after the last tine I swept up, so I put that back.

Well, she went back to chewing her log, IN ADDITION TO the bed, so I removed that bed, in fear she would cut her mouth, or otherwise injure herself. (They have other beds, all fleece). Then I heard and caught her gnawing on one of the potty boxes! So, I put some hay filled toilet paper tubes and some cardboard that I cut up and kind-of put into shapes, hoping some new toys would tempt her.

They did, but they didn't stop the chewing of the potty box, so I took it out to clean, anyhow, but have not put it back. She hasn't started in on the last potty box...yet. I need that one to stay in! Lol.

why would she have suddenly started this? She has many other options, why is she choosing the plastic litter boxes, and how do I stop her? I misted the chewed on part of one with a light mix of 2 parts white vinegar. 8 parts water, but that didn't help. I'm stumped as to the sudden start of this and why she continues. She isn't doing it 24/7 or anything, just a few times/day, but still can't be good.

Any ideas appreciated!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    76 Rec'd/68 Posts
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)

Re: Bad Rosie Pig

Flavor of the wheek???

3. "Thank you, R5 plus, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R5 plus View Post
    Flavor of the wheek???

LOL. it!

I can see it now:

"Miss Rosie Pig, we have an extra special menu for you tonight. It begins with a large plate of chopped fresh dark greens, mixed with organic cilantro, farm-fresh radishes, and perfectly ripe, hand-picked tomatoes. Next, you'll savor a delicious medley, 'Poop de tres Pigs'......a blend of warm poos.....made lovingly by your roommates & friends, Milly Pig, and Lady Pippa...(and you, of course). Bits of crunchy Timothy Hay, pellets, & whatever else was swept off our fleece floor, round out this dish. A fresh take on your favorite anytime nibble. Last, but certainly not least: a dessert that's new to 'The Pig's Platter: Fare So Fab, You'll Squeal For It......All.The.Time.''. Round out your meal by gnawing those pearly whites down...first, on a beautiful blue plastic corner litter box....then, move on to....ANOTHER crisp corner box, this one containing hints of coo-inducing Care Fresh, AND even MORE 'poo that'll make you popcorn'. This gastronomical goodness will be paired with a water bottle full of This Cities Finest, Fresh-From-the-Fridge-Door H2O. It will be a meal you'll want to enjoy for days on end.....'

*sigh* :

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner millsma's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    78 Rec'd/35 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

@SlavetoPiggies - That rant seriously reminded me of one of my best friends. I love it. haha

User Tag List