Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Bad Rosie Pig

SlavetoPiggies

Cavy Slave
So, all the sudden, Rosie Pig (a little over 1 yr old), has begun to chew on the litter boxes. I have 3 total in their house, 2 are 'potties' and one I put blankies in, and sit behind a 'privacy curtain' ...that's what we call the 'princess bed'. Last week, I noticed her chewing on the bed box....I kept it in, thinking it was a one-time deal. I did notice her fave chew log hadn't been put back in after the last tine I swept up, so I put that back.

Well, she went back to chewing her log, IN ADDITION TO the bed, so I removed that bed, in fear she would cut her mouth, or otherwise injure herself. (They have other beds, all fleece). Then I heard and caught her gnawing on one of the potty boxes! So, I put some hay filled toilet paper tubes and some cardboard that I cut up and kind-of put into shapes, hoping some new toys would tempt her.

They did, but they didn't stop the chewing of the potty box, so I took it out to clean, anyhow, but have not put it back. She hasn't started in on the last potty box...yet. I need that one to stay in! Lol.

why would she have suddenly started this? She has many other options, why is she choosing the plastic litter boxes, and how do I stop her? I misted the chewed on part of one with a light mix of 2 parts white vinegar. 8 parts water, but that didn't help. I'm stumped as to the sudden start of this and why she continues. She isn't doing it 24/7 or anything, just a few times/day, but still can't be good.

Any ideas appreciated!

R5 plus

Cavy Slave
Flavor of the wheek???

SlavetoPiggies

Cavy Slave
Flavor of the wheek???

LOL. :love: it!

I can see it now:

"Miss Rosie Pig, we have an extra special menu for you tonight. It begins with a large plate of chopped fresh dark greens, mixed with organic cilantro, farm-fresh radishes, and perfectly ripe, hand-picked tomatoes. Next, you'll savor a delicious medley, 'Poop de tres Pigs'......a blend of warm poos.....made lovingly by your roommates & friends, Milly Pig, and Lady Pippa...(and you, of course). Bits of crunchy Timothy Hay, pellets, & whatever else was swept off our fleece floor, round out this dish. A fresh take on your favorite anytime nibble. Last, but certainly not least: a dessert that's new to 'The Pig's Platter: Fare So Fab, You'll Squeal For It......All.The.Time.''. Round out your meal by gnawing those pearly whites down...first, on a beautiful blue plastic corner litter box....then, move on to....ANOTHER crisp corner box, this one containing hints of coo-inducing Care Fresh, AND even MORE 'poo that'll make you popcorn'. This gastronomical goodness will be paired with a water bottle full of This Cities Finest, Fresh-From-the-Fridge-Door H2O. It will be a meal you'll want to enjoy for days on end.....'

*sigh* :sarcastic:

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@SlavetoPiggies - That rant seriously reminded me of one of my best friends. :D I love it. haha

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.