Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Scandinavia Living in Norway

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
hi! i'm new to this forum and was hoping to meet people who live in Norway and would like to talk about their beloved piggies and where they buy their pet supplies (eg: HAY!) from.

I'm a new piggy owner and live in Trondheim, and while the previous owner gave me a large bag of hay together with my girls, i'd like to know if there's a better place other than pet stores to buy hay :)

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I am not from Norway so I can't really help you there. I ca not wait to see pictures of your babies.

helteralan

Cavy Slave
Hei, we buy the Norsk Hay from tropehagen Zoo in Byhaven shopping centre in Trondheim centre. We´ve tried other hays, but some they didn´t each and just used for bedding! The Norsk Hay is in a square back and quite hard packed so you get a lot. We have 6 piggies now (2 adopted) so the bag lasts around 10 days =S
This shop also sells the Cavia Complete pellets which is the only food all our piggies each all of the different contents...

The Zoo butikk in Solsiden (next to the Lekeland soft play zone for children) sells the Timothy Hay cubes which is a must for ours! This one also sells short cardboard tunnels with holes and some grass on them for them to like/nibble off, our girls love these tunnels, and we also bought some little beds for them.

Vitamin C, and other things you can buy form either.

I think this is the basic things covered, if not... jus ask me if you have anby other questions =)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
i was at The Zoo just yesterday, but didn't see Timothy Hay, i must've missed it! I did see they had some huge green bag of hay though. And i didnt see the cardboard tunnels either hmmmmm. I bought some fleece tunnels instead from etsy.com :)

6 piggies is alot, i can only imagine what its like when you open the fridge :D post some pictures? as for vitamin C, i feed them a nice variety of vegetables. as long as i feed them at the same time, they will eat everything hehe

ever brought your piggies to a vet yet?

helteralan

Cavy Slave
Yes, we feed them plenty of Veg too... Paprika and lettuce are favouriters!
The shop does not have Timopthy Hay, but Timothy Hay Grass blocks/cubes... our piggies love them!

We got one piggie to the vet that ended up having a little urine infection, cleaned up in 10 days with a liquid antibiotic.
One other has dry sking but the vet said it´s just one of those things for some piggies (like humans).

Byåsen Dyrklinnik is good, not so cheap but they are familiar with Guinea Pigs so it helps =)

I have some video, i´ll try to attach/upload =)

SRUSTMAN

Cavy Slave
Hello! Welcome! I also don't live in Norway . . . but I LOVE Norway!! Does that count? Beautiful, beautiful country! I want to go back and visit again! Oh . . . and I am part Norsk! :) Ancestors from Hedmark area!

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
hahaha counts enough XD
yeah its a really beautiful place with fresh, crisp air and lots of mountains! I grew up in a city/country with ZERO mountains, so i really love the view.
where have you visited?

Hello! Welcome! I also don't live in Norway . . . but I LOVE Norway!! Does that count? Beautiful, beautiful country! I want to go back and visit again! Oh . . . and I am part Norsk! :) Ancestors from Hedmark area!

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
ahh thanks for the Vet tip! as for good hay, i know ipet.no sells 1,13kg of western timothy hay for 99nkr, and further 99nkr for frakt. but its free shipping if you buy over 500nkr.
i dont know if its a good price, but since i think you live near sentrum, let me know if you ever wanna buy hay together there XD i doubt i'd use 500 at one go!

i want to steal your white guineapig... SO CUTE.

SRUSTMAN

Cavy Slave
Back in 2000, I went on a tour visiting northern Euoropen capitals. Oslo was one! Obviously, since I'm researching Noway and my family, I really soaked in the country. And the people - oh my goodness, it took no time to make friends and we were there only a few days! We went past a lake that was like glass - beautiful! The country side was just breath taking! And seeing the viking ships - WOW! I loved that! I could go on and on and on about your country and it's beauty! Like I said - I want to go back! :)

helteralan

Cavy Slave
Never heard of ipet.no... will definately check it out... thanks!

Yeah, the white one "Herman"... he is 6 years old later this year! He was adopted with the little black one last November as the girl was moving and couldn´t take them to her new place. They are a handful hahahaha, nosey as can be!

helteralan

Cavy Slave

I am Scottish originally, so it counts! I love it here also... apart from it´s real expensive. And last year, Trondheim was voted as the most expensive city in the world! But it has way more plus points!

rebeccars

Cavy Slave
I'm not currently in Norway but I grew up in Stavanger. It is beautiful there! Good luck with finding your supplies - they must be there because we had piggies when we lived there a LONG time ago :) And welcome!

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
Like helteralan i'm not from norway! i moved here in 2011 officially :) its cool you have norwegian ancestors ! so far i've seen viking graves, which are mounds of stone bits. i was told the bodies have been removed of course, but its still interesting to see :)

Back in 2000, I went on a tour visiting northern Euoropen capitals. Oslo was one! Obviously, since I'm researching Noway and my family, I really soaked in the country. And the people - oh my goodness, it took no time to make friends and we were there only a few days! We went past a lake that was like glass - beautiful! The country side was just breath taking! And seeing the viking ships - WOW! I loved that! I could go on and on and on about your country and it's beauty! Like I said - I want to go back! :)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
i came across ipet.no by random browsing online, they have zoosupply.no as well, but they don't sell hay. :)

hello rebeccars, i was just told today about how beautiful stavanger was :D are you norwegian by birth? why'd you move? same question for you alan !

rebeccars

Cavy Slave
Varcoda - I am American, but my dad worked in oil in the 70s and Norway was a big area for oil. I lived there for 8 1/2 years. We came back to the states in the mid 80s when the American oil companies were starting to pull out. I am familiar with Trondheim - been there many times:)

helteralan

Cavy Slave
I moved hereafter making some Norwegian friends in the UK. I work as a Club DJ so took a break here for a couple of years from DJing, but back to it now!
Originally it was not long term... but glad it is now... Trondheim is my home =)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
ahhh... interesting stories! :D i wonder if you had to learn to speak norwegian rebeccars!

i moved here since my husband is norwegian, and i think its easier to do a Master program in Norway than Singapore :p too bleeping competitive back there hehe. I quite like Trondheim, its not as crowded.. fairly easy to get around and enough shops to keep me entertained!

happy for you alan, met a few people who moved here but simply can't call it 'home'.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.