Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Netherlands Cubes and Coroplast in Holland??

J

juukie

I was so enthusiastic when I saw the cages made with the cubes and coroplast. The only problem is that I can't find the cubes AND the coroplast here in Holland. I even contacted Staples in the US about the prizes of shipping the cubes to Holland, but that was REALLY expensive. I was hoping that someone would have a good idea or advice for me!
Thanks!
Judith

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Wow! Holland. Well, you may have to go with organizational shelving instead of cubes. It's still a good option, just not quite as flexible.

Any luck on Coroplast, Corflute, or whatever? There must be sign stores in Holland, too. Have you tried them yet? Linoleum is an option if you can find Coroplast.

J

juukie

Thanks for the suggestions.. I will try to find the Coroplast at a sign store here. I know that Linoleum is also an option, but that's really expensive. So I hope to find a better alternative. Thanks a lot anyway!!
I really think that there is a good market for the cubes and coroplast here in Holland, it's too bad that we don't have stores where these materials are sold!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you don't have any luck with Coroplast and you have to go with linoleum, look for scraps and remnants. The size you need is barely enough to do even a small bathroom, so you may even be able to sweettalk a linoleum store into giving you a good piece of scrap for free.

Suzie

Cavy Slave
Holland

juukie said:
I was so enthusiastic when I saw the cages made with the cubes and coroplast. The only problem is that I can't find the cubes AND the coroplast here in Holland. I even contacted Staples in the US about the prizes of shipping the cubes to Holland, but that was REALLY expensive. I was hoping that someone would have a good idea or advice for me!
Thanks!
Judith
Judith,

Where in Holland are you located? My relatives are all over there. Mainly in Utrecht.

Favaux

Cavy Slave
How did you do finding your materials in the end Juukie? I am a new owner of Fatty & Muffin only I can not find Cubes & Corroplast here in Holland. I checked out the Blokker yesterday and they had them last year only not much interest I guess as they no longer sell them. What did you end up using in the end?

Favaux
Schiedam, Holland

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Keep trying Blokker. I was able to find one here in Belgium that still had cubes left in storage.

Edited to say: I think I've been able to locate coroplast under the name "vikuprop." So I hope that helps if you're still looking for materials.

Last edited:

Favaux

Cavy Slave
Hey good to know that the Blokker in Belgium still stock the cubes, will keep trying I guess. Could you tell me where in Belgium, perhaps I can visit during the weekend and pick some up. Thank you so much Citromsoul! Much appreciated! I live in the vacinity of Rotterdam, in the south so this could be handy. Could you give me a rough price? Thanks a million for the info.

Favaux

citronsoul said:
Keep trying Blokker. I was able to find one here in Belgium that still had cubes left in storage.

Edited to say: I think I've been able to locate coroplast under the name "vikuprop." So I hope that helps if you're still looking for materials.

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
It's at a Blokker in Antwerp. Officially, they don't sell them anymore. But all the stores I've come across seem to have them. They're being used for the stores own storage or displays. This one Blokker, on Antwerp's main shopping street (the Meir) didn't need them anymore though. I got 12 for 5 euro. No connectors though. They didn't know where they were anymore, so I've used cable ties instead.

Favaux

Cavy Slave
citronsoul said:
It's at a Blokker in Antwerp. Officially, they don't sell them anymore. But all the stores I've come across seem to have them. They're being used for the stores own storage or displays. This one Blokker, on Antwerp's main shopping street (the Meir) didn't need them anymore though. I got 12 for 5 euro. No connectors though. They didn't know where they were anymore, so I've used cable ties instead.

Hey thanks again, will try and get to Antwerp next week. Cross your fingers and hope that I get lucky! You're a star Citron! oh before I forget, is there a special name for these cubes?

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Favaux said:
Hey thanks again, will try and get to Antwerp next week. Cross your fingers and hope that I get lucky! You're a star Citron! oh before I forget, is there a special name for these cubes?
Glad I could help :)

There's no special name, but I did print out a picture of them (the one from this site) & when I showed it they knew exactly what I meant.

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
I have a question for those of those of you in the Netherlands. I'm trying to find some decent guinea pig food. At the moment I can only find good alfalfa based food. But I can't find anything to give to adult pigs. I was looking on a few sites & noticed "Hope Farms" for guinea pigs. Is this any good? They don't have it here in Belgium, but I was considering ordering some if it's worth it.

And Favaux, were you able to get your hands on some cubes?

Favaux

Cavy Slave
citronsoul said:
I have a question for those of those of you in the Netherlands. I'm trying to find some decent guinea pig food. At the moment I can only find good alfalfa based food. But I can't find anything to give to adult pigs. I was looking on a few sites & noticed "Hope Farms" for guinea pigs. Is this any good? They don't have it here in Belgium, but I was considering ordering some if it's worth it.

And Favaux, were you able to get your hands on some cubes?
Hi there and good to read from you again, I have still not made it into Antwerp yet to collect my cubes...... have been snowed down with a million and one things though my two darlings 'Fatty & Muffin' are happy and well and eating like it's going out of fashion.

I was also thinking about your quest for good guinea pig food.......... If you have an idea of what type you require I can check around for you and get back to you with more info. I dont know if the good folk in Antwerp still have those cubes but I would appreciate it immensely if you could inquire for me. So when I do get down there I can pick them up and maybe I could bring you your guinea pig food as well. Let me know ok.

Cheers Cit.
Favaux

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
No problem, I can ask them next week. How many would you need? (enough for a 2x4?)

I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what's in Hope Farms guinea pig food. I have no problem getting my hands on it via a website, but I'd like to know what's in it beforehand to see if it's worth it. Like if it's got alfalfa in it, or if it looks like it's got a lot of seeds in it. I've been trying to find a site which mentions the ingredients, but no such luck. There are two different types, "Hope Farms CaviaSuper Select" & "Hope Farms CaviaSuper Superkorrel."

It doesn't have to be right away because Phoebe still has a few months of growing to do & until then alfalfa based pellets is fine. So when you have time, Phoebe & I would be very grateful for a list of ingredients. Thanks :)

Oh yeah, send me snow if you've got too much ;) !!!

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Bad news i'm afraid. :( There are no more cubes left. Well, they're still there but now they're all being used for displays & they have none to spare. There's a Blokker I haven't been to yet that was suggested to me by an employee, but I can't guarantee they'll have them.

The only other thing that I can suggest is getting in touch with customer service. https://www.blokker.nl has the phone number & address of all stores. If they all had them last year, then there has to be some that still have them to spare.

Favaux

Cavy Slave
Hey and thanks for checking Citron, have called most of the blokkers here in Holland in my vacinity and they don't have them.... What to do????? I'll keep looking. Thanks. if you do come across them before me then I will need 3 sets as I plan on making my boys a two story home.

Kind Regards Favaux

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
Someone said to me that they probably still have them at Leen Bakker. I am going to take a look at it asap!

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
It's possible. They're owned by the same group that owns Blokker.

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
I am going there tomorrow so I'll give you a report :)

Favaux

Cavy Slave
Excellent! Thankyou so much!

FavauX

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.