Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Netherlands Cubes and Coroplast in Holland??

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
I asked and they haven't got any!! :(
I want to set up an online-mass-purchase, where everybody from Holland/Belgium can order some grids so the shipping will become affordable because we can split costs. Is there any interest in this?

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Possibly! I'm going to be looking for some more sources, but if I don't find any I would definitely be interested.

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
If you are able to find some, even if it is in Belgium ( I live close to the border) please say so :)

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Still haven't found any. Well, I do find them but no one will sell them.

But Treen posted a UK source on another thread that also exists in the Netherlands.

(broken link removed)

You have to ask them to send a catalogue & apparently one of their products is cubes. I haven't been able to order one yet, but I thought it might be interesting.

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
I found them!! I can't believe it but I walked in the local Xenos today (probably familiair with everyone here?) and they had cubes! I didn't bought any because they are not 100% what I was looking for, because this ones don't have square grids, but a full metal 'raster' which it would be hard to see your piggies through, but maybe I'll go back and buy them anyway! It is a set which you can make 4 connected cubes with (I'm not sure how many grids that is but it would be enough for a big cage) and they sell for 19.95 euros!

Oh and I remember Kleeneze, they just started to do business in our neighbourhood, about a month ago. I never looked in their books but if I happen to find one in the mail, if they have cubes, I always can ask if you would like to order some with me?

I found a picture on the web, they are exactly the same

Last edited:

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
There is no Xenos here, but I did look through their internet catalogue awhile back because they're part of the same chain as Blokker. I thought if Blokker no longer had them, another store from their chain would.

I've seen these in pictures & have heard that they're good for babies (no squeezing through grids.)

At the moment I don't need cubes, but I've just been looking all over the place trying to find a definite source. I was hoping that Kleeneze would/could be that source. But thanks for the offer though :)

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
citronsoul said:
There is no Xenos here, but I did look through their internet catalogue awhile back because they're part of the same chain as Blokker. I thought if Blokker no longer had them, another store from their chain would.

I've seen these in pictures & have heard that they're good for babies (no squeezing through grids.)

At the moment I don't need cubes, but I've just been looking all over the place trying to find a definite source. I was hoping that Kleeneze would/could be that source. But thanks for the offer though :)
I've got the cataloge again today, and yes, Kleeneze has them! Plain white cubes, 13 to be exact. They are a bit expensive, 27 euro's.

AuroraBorealis

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone!

I bought my cubes at Blokker, but I know Kwantum also had them in stock a couple of months ago. Maybe it's worth a try checking it out.

The cubes aren't sold constantly at any of these stores, but every now and then they buy a huge quantity of them and sell them as a temporary article.

How about Coroplast? Did you have any luck finding it? I bought mine in Wijchen (near Nijmegen).

Ball Lightning

Cavy Slave
After a horrendus seach, I found a product that resembles Coroplast! It's called Vikuprop, and is sold by Vink Kunststoffen B.V., a company that specializes in plastics and the like.

The sheets are very cheap (5-10 euro per sheet), they come in different thicknesses, but come in a small size: only big enough for 3x2 grid cages.

Just take a look, I swear it is the same material!

(broken link removed)

PS: I would like to have some grids too! I'm searching and searching, without much succes still.... Have to check the Kwamtum and Xenos though.... If you have plans, please post them here! I would like to know about it!

Hope this brings us a step further to C&C cages :)

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Heya ball. Regarding your pm... I was going to tell you to post in the netherlands section, but you already have! Have you considered wire shelving?

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oh, and yes that does resemble coroplast. Go for it.

AuroraBorealis

Cavy Slave
Ball, when I was searching for Coroplast, I called Vink as well, but they told me they only sold stuff to companies, not to 'particulieren'. Where they willing to sell you the Vikuprop? It does look like Coroplast.

Any luck finding grids yet?

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Vikuprop is coroplast. It's identical, just a different name (check the first page of this thread. ;) ) I got my vikuprop from a sign store. You can ask vink for local stores they sell their vikuprop to, that's how I got mine.

That's a pity they don't make bigger sizes though. I recently got a hold of my local sign store to ask about a bigger sheet, but they said they didn't come any bigger. I had hoped that Vink could make them they size I wanted. I guess I'll be cutting & taping after all. *sigh*

Ball Lightning

Cavy Slave
Ok, thanks. I overread the thing about you mentioning Vikuprop (didn't want to give the credits to myself). I just go to some sign store (IF I can find one) and do the same as you did. I think this can be done.

Now the only problem I still have is where to get the cubes. But I still have to look in some places, so all hope isn't lost yet :)

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
Yeah, they're pretty hard to find. It's insane. Some places carry them & some don't. I've been to a Blokker that claimed they had never sold them, they were always used for only the store. Then another one I've been to said they used to sell them & would probably end up getting some more eventually.

And the problem is that there's no customer service number that I can reach them with. I'd love to just call Blokker up & say, "hello? people are demanding this product! Start selling it again!" :D

Your best bet is (broken link removed). or xenos.

Teria

Cavy Slave
I'm still trying to find out if Plaza in Kiel sells them. If so, you might try this instead of ordering from the US. I'll keep you updated.

Teria

Cavy Slave
Ack! I just called them and they were slightly surprised, as if they had never heard of cubes as shelf material. But a nice lady promised to try and find out if they store them. She'll call me back.

Ball Lightning

Cavy Slave
Good to hear! I'm curious is she called back with good news!

I wrote Keeneze and the Vink company and awaiting the results. The sooner the better!

citronsoul

Cavy Slave
I hope you find your stuff. If the coroplast isn't long enough, you can always tape two pieces together.

I did that yesterday to make a 2x4 & it worked out fine. You can't even tell that the cage is made out of two seperate pieces.

ParanoidEv

Cavy Slave
I don't know where you live, Ball Lightning, but they still sell the cubes in the Xenos here (Goes).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.