Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Hair Loss Bald patch on neck, not crusty, looks like there is a tiny cut

piggymuma

Cavy Slave
Hi,

i have to little piggys and one has a bald patch on his neck, the skin is not flakey or scaly, there is what seems to be a tiny cut...i handle my pigs ALOT and am surprised i have not noticed this before, i have googled and main thing that comes up is ringworm but it does not seem to have all charactaristics, can anyone suggest anything other than ringworm? if so please comment, i am very worried about my little baby!

piggymuma

Cavy Slave
yes, but is rite on his neck, not sure he could have ripped out? how could that have happend? they are both very healthy and have a very good diet, very soft silky fur

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
They might have been playing and they were doing zoomies and his hair caught on something. I dot know what your age looks like to I wouldn't know what he could have caught it on. One other thing would be that he possibly got into a tussle with his cage mate and the other ripped some hair out.

piggymuma

Cavy Slave
They might have been playing and they were doing zoomies and his hair caught on something. I dot know what your age looks like to I wouldn't know what he could have caught it on. One other thing would be that he possibly got into a tussle with his cage mate and the other ripped some hair out.

i cant see any clumps of hair and my pigs dont fight, could t be stress?

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
I don't know. Try reading that thread.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Usually when there's a spot of hair loss, I tend to think of mites. Especially if there's a wound involved as well. I would treat for mites and see if things improve.

Can you post a photo?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.