Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

So utterly Angry

Grammy

Cavy Slave
Better alive then in a fancy crate.

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
@Grammy, that's honestly the way I'm looking at it.. I am doing the best i can do for her right now. She's lucky to be alive.. What she has know (although not the best) is ten times more that what she had.

LithiumRiot

Cavy Slave
I'm glad you took her in :3

I know you cant make a C&C cage for her right now (I was in the same situation when I first got Sweetie Belle) but out of curiosity, are you gonna when you have the money? :3 Or, assuming you have other piggies, could you put her in with them?

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
@LithiumRiot, I dont plain on keeping her. I already have 5 small animals. I actually have someone already willing to take her when she has weened the baby's if all goes well. My cage right know is a 2x5.. witch is minumel for 3 pigs.. I have three pigs in there.. so doing intros is out of the Q. Plus i wouldn't want to have her get used to them and then have to remove her from the situation.

If i do come into money when in the time i do have her, i will build her one. since i'll most likely end up keeping her till Aprilish

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
@LithiumRiot , I dont plain on keeping her. I already have 5 small animals. I actually have someone already willing to take her when she has weened the baby's if all goes well. My cage right know is a 2x5.. witch is minumel for 3 pigs.. I have three pigs in there.. so doing intros is out of the Q. Plus i wouldn't want to have her get used to them and then have to remove her from the situation.

If i do come into money when in the time i do have her, i will build her one. since i'll most likely end up keeping her till Aprilish

I only have 3 hundred more words and my essay will be finished. Tomorrow I will plan my presentation, and Sunday I show my mom! I can only cross my fingers, dot my "I"s, cross my "T"s and beg and gravel... I even have my friends mom talking to my mom about it! Its actually kinda funny because my mom talked my friends mom to get Horton, who is a guinea pig. Mary, my friends mom, already had September who was a piggy. So now she has September and Horton but Setpember got put down because he was sick. She got FuzzBum for Christmas. Now she has Horton and FuzzBum and on Monday a box was on her doorway with a piggy in it. So now she has 3 boars in a 2x5 C&C. But anyways, Mary said that she owes mom a piggy! HAHAHAHA! Mary might actually manage to get me Momma Pig! :D :D :D Ok, If i do get her, i am going to re-name her Sarabi. Its from the Lion King.

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
@YourSoJelly i like that name :) lol. I actually always have XD But as long as shes with me she shall be mama pig.. or just pig.. i dont name animals i cant keep. That's how i get attached ): I do name the baby's tho ^^ I dont get to attached to them because i do not know there personality yet. when there born ill have a naming pull :) so you all can pick out of three names i have chosen.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Really! I feel so honored! :D I finished the essay! I sent it to you. Hopefully it works like a charm!

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Check with the rescues in your area. One might be able to take in a pregnant female.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
@Gale_M i am, tomorrow im asking the local pet supply shops if they would let me hang a poster about.. ill put listing up for her on other sites aswell, after she has the babys.. i dont want someone falling in ove with her and then she dies in labor.. that would be bad. though i think someone already has fallen in love with her lol.

Ok, two things...
1. WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?! Now I am freaking out that she is going to die! OMG! Why did you have to say that?! Do they have prenatal vitamins for guinea pigs? Make sure to have a cavy savvy vet on speed dial! Oh, try to wake up like every hour to make sure she is ok! LOOK AT ME! Now im paranoid! Nibbler... I hope your happy... :grumpy:
2. Why yes... I have fallen in love! :love:

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
Really! I feel so honored! :D I finished the essay! I sent it to you. Hopefully it works like a charm!
There are no pig rescue in my area, I have looked before. If I where to turn her over to a shelter she would be in a even smaller cage. Where I adopted my Riley and nibbler from they had them is small aquarium like things. And two, I wouldn't feel convertible moving her again and putting that stress on her while she is so close to giving birth.

Still no baby's yet, but she is drinking like a mad woman and is eating her alfifa hay like crazy! She's not really eating pellets but I have been putting hay in her cage like 3 times a day.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
So you don't have $40 for supplies for a C&C Cage? Then what are you going to do if you have to rush her to the emergency vet?

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
When she gives birth, can you please take pictures. That could help the case with my mom. Thanks! :)

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
There are no pig rescue in my area, I have looked before. If I where to turn her over to a shelter she would be in a even smaller cage. Where I adopted my Riley and nibbler from they had them is small aquarium like things. And two, I wouldn't feel convertible moving her again and putting that stress on her while she is so close to giving birth.

Still no baby's yet, but she is drinking like a mad woman and is eating her alfifa hay like crazy! She's not really eating pellets but I have been putting hay in her cage like 3 times a day.

Is this piggy/small animal rescue near you? https://sites.google.com/site/cjscavycaves/

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
I haven't read the whole thread, but thank you thank you for taking that baby in.

Who knows that would've happened if they had been left there.

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
She would have been snake food. Thats what she would have been... :mad:

LithiumRiot

Cavy Slave
So you don't have $40 for supplies for a C&C Cage? Then what are you going to do if you have to rush her to the emergency vet?

She's not keeping the momma pig, or any of the babies. So, making a C&C cage for a pig she's not keeping would actually be wasteful money wise. A larger cage would be nice, but I do feel like she's gotten a LOT of comments about the cage, that she's keeping a pig in, a pig that she's not keeping for a super long time. I'm not her so I dont know, but im sure if she'd be willing to pay for vet bills if she had to, no matter what it meant doing.

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
I haven't read the whole thread, but thank you thank you for taking that baby in.

Who knows that would've happened if they had been left there.

Yeah, she would have been snake food. There are details I left out on the main post because honestly, this would have turned into a rage post about stupid people. but she's doing good, really good. I except baby's any day know. I check on her ever 3-4 hours but for the most part I leave her be so she's not stressed. She vary fearful of fast movements but if you move slowly she will let me pet her in the cage and even lightly touch her stomach and check her pelvic bones for any separation. she really is a sweet hart that just feel into the wrong hands.

Cavy Treenie

Cavy Slave
I hope all goes well with momma pig! Heaven knows she deserves an easy life after her previous home. I also hope for yours and her sake that she only has 1-2 babies. Good luck, wishing you all the best! Also, pics please! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.