Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Well were still alive...

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
Well we got past December 21st 2012 and the planet is intact guess the Mayans had it wrong not that I believed it would though ha ha. Don't know why just felt like posting this lol.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
It is now the beginning of a new period of time on our planet and hopefully one in which spiritual advancement and respect for the planet and for our fellow inhabitants will rule vs. the disrespect, greed and violence of the past several years.

I keep hoping but I'm afraid I'm too cynical. We just now were going to watch a film on whales, as my 13-yr-old has recently gotten interested, but had to fast-forward over so much of it because our history with whales (as humans) is so horrifying it was half gore.

I'm going to go play with the pigs and pretend that pet stores don't exist, and that all lives are respected.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I keep hoping but I'm afraid I'm too cynical. We just now were going to watch a film on whales, as my 13-yr-old has recently gotten interested, but had to fast-forward over so much of it because our history with whales (as humans) is so horrifying it was half gore.

I'm going to go play with the pigs and pretend that pet stores don't exist, and that all lives are respected.

Gay people can marry and use marijuana in my state, so I think the world is slowly improving in some aspects. :p

As a woman, I also have it way better than if I lived hundreds or thousands of years ago. There's also less risk of getting my heart ripped out for ritual sacrifice, being burned at the stake for witch accusations, and so much more!

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
Not sure I agree about pet stores.....perhaps having them sell no pets would be an option? If they didn't exist, then I would have to get a paper route so that I have enough newspapers to run through the shredder for bedding. Can you imagine if I ran into one of my students or a patient while riding a bicycle throwing newspapers onto their lawn?? :eye-poppi

You are absolutely right -- I meant no live animal sales there :*)

I disappointed the local newspaper when I canceled my subscription after converting to fleece. When they asked why I was canceling, I said "Because I no longer need the paper to line my guinea pigs' cages under the Carefresh." The poor woman had no idea what to say.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
I'm getting irritaited with the Mayan accusations.

They're one of my favourite units of study. They never predicted the world would end!

I think selling no pets is the best option @spy9doc

I normally don't buy from pet stores, but I had to today because none of the ones in my area carry the wooden chew blocks.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
I never meant to accuse the Mayans of anything and I probably should have worded that differently I know that the Mayans never got anything wrong like I said wrong wording on my part. I'm sorry if I offended anyone it was really just a random post I didn't even expect many replies. I don't really know much about Mayans but aren't they the ones who sort of figured out the first way to eat or drink chocolate?

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
The calendar is just that, a calendar, and my calendar ends the 31 of December each year without the world ending. I buy a new calendar.
The calendar is not a way of predicting of the future or the world ending, and if they could see the future, there would still be a Mayan empire.

Despite being a highly logical person, I was still a tad paranoid that evening I'll admit. But I checked to see that Australia was still there, and had a whiskey.
Those fools who ran up that bloody mountain must feel really stupid now.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
And I'm definitely getting this.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
No, the Mayans didn't have it wrong......it was the idiots who misinterpreted the Mayan calendar. The date was the end of a 5000 yr. cycle.
Very true. When I was in Cozumel a few years back, one of our guides on a tour, who has Mayan heritage, explained that. I'm sure the ancient Mayans would be laughing their butts off at all the foolishness they inadvertently caused in 2012.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
Very true. When I was in Cozumel a few years back, one of our guides on a tour, who has Mayan heritage, explained that. I'm sure the ancient Mayans would be laughing their butts off at all the foolishness they inadvertently caused in 2012.
That statement couldn't be more true!!

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I watched 2012 that night. I thought the world was going to flood.......... :p No, not really.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.