Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Questions about my pregnant guinea pig

Locuna

Cavy Slave
Okay thanks, right now I'm going to one on hunters creek which is closer, near Gatorland that treats exotics. I bring my dog their but I haven't asked yet about guinea pigs. I'll call an ask. It would be great if they do them it's an easy drive!

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
I wish you the best of luck, Locuna, and try not to stress out too much. Hopefully at least one of the babies will be a girl, then you wouldn't have to worry about going through this again with another pig. Make sure you study the pages on guinealynx about determining the gender of the pigs once she has them so that you can separate any males two weeks later. Again I wish you luck.

Locuna

Cavy Slave
Okay I just called and they said they do do exotics and guinea pigs. They don't really do c sections in guinea pigs but they've done one before and said everything turned out fine. They are sadly closed on Saturday and Sundays which is what her due date is, but its probably unlickly she will give birth then. They also gave me an exotic emergency vet number that's right up the road from them. So I'm pretty prepared now, hope everything goes well!

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
Sounds like you are as prepared as possible. Good luck and keep us updated!

Locuna

Cavy Slave
Ok I got her out to weigh her and I decided to put her on my bed and feel some babies if I can. I gently Cuped my hands around her stomach bulbs and BOOM! It's like a soccer game in there! I can not only feel a lot of kicking but moving around too! Lamps rolling around in there! I also feel chattering and can hear it too if I put my ear close to her side. Does this mean she may go into labor soon? I know I keep asking this but it's soo crazy and I can't wait! I want to see babies but i also want this over with so i can stop worrying about her! She's almost there. Should I stop handling her? I don't do it that often, just to weigh her now and then. I pet her everyday tho, is that bad? I just feel bad for her she's all byherself and always wants cuddles. She comes right up to the cage for the, and lets me pet her for what feels like hours! She also lets me feel the top of her belly, she's so warm and friendly and squeaks for attention every time I come in the room! But should I stop touching her at all?? Just ignor her except for food water and a quick look to make sure no babies, anything wrong, etc? Iwill prob stop picking her up to weigh her, I did the elevator with a towel thing every time though. Wat should I do?? I don't want to stop petting her, but if I have to shel just have to learn to not ge any attention till she has them. Oh well.

Locuna

Cavy Slave
image.jpg Here she now on my bed right after I felt her belly. Just now.

Locuna

Cavy Slave
image.jpg When I first got her...... image.jpgAbout 4 weeks ago... Maybe 5.

And now : about 5 weeks from the last pic.... image.jpg (See the lumps on the right side? They were moving 0.0 ).

Attachments

image.jpg

Locuna

Cavy Slave
image.jpgThis is her cage set up right now.... Is it big enough? I have itin my room right now between ,y dresser and a shelf that I keep all her stuff in.... It's 3x2 as you can see, with cardboard and double grid baby proofing. Plus wall and shelf baby proofing as well.

Locuna

Cavy Slave
Ugh I am so nervous! I hope all goes well! She's getting so close! I have my alarm set for 2, 4,6,8, and then 8. 30 am so I can check on her just in case! That probably won't last long though... I'll end up sleeping through each alarm. I have to work at 9 so I better wake for that one! Anyway, according to the pics how far along do you think she is? She wasn't big at at when I first got her, she was very thin, so she must have not been far then. I think she was around 3 weeks, not 4, wait checking back, 5 weeks when I posted this thread.... I think because I member posting not too long after posting the thread that the vet told me she was around 6 or 7 weeks along, so she would be about 9 to 10 now right? Ugh! I wish they would just come! Anyway, again wish me luck!

soopermum62

Cavy Slave
They will, My very first Guinea Pig gave Birth in the middle of the night. We were told she was a HE! My parents thought I was up getting something for a headache. I told them NO! Darby had Babies! They said Darby CAN'T HAVE BABIES... I had to take the babies to them and show them!

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Are they born yet? I hope every thing goes well! Baby piggies are so adorable with huge feet and ears! :)

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
You can pet her all you want. Just stop picking her up.

The cage looks fine for now.

Locuna

Cavy Slave
Nope no babies yet, but its gonna suck if she has them today. I'm going to be gone all day :(. Hope everything thing goes well though! According to how big she is how far along do you think she is? 8 9 10 weeks?

Locuna

Cavy Slave
No bass yet but I keep getting false alarms. Lol yesterday she stayed in her hidey house all day and didnt like being touched. Then the next day she was fine and out running around, comeing up to the cage etc. then I cad given her some spring mix, and she ate it all except a purple leaf, soo when I came in later I saw she was eating a purple thing and I thought it was a baby, or the afterbirth or something. I skipped a heartbeat! She's been acting wierd, then she's fine the next day, I hope she gives birth soon though! The waiting game isn't easy!

Locuna

Cavy Slave
O,g she's giving birth right now!

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
Hope everything goes well! Let us know how she does.

Locuna

Cavy Slave
Ok well I got to see baby number one come out! I heard a sharp squeak from the cage and then I saw her hunching up and then a head came out!

She had three babies, I think only three as she's just obsessively cleaning them right now. I video tapped everything. I'll post pics right away! I haven't seen an afterbirth though, the red heart thing on videos, I haven't seen and its been a few minutes since the last one came out... I don't know if I may hav missed it though there's .... Uh oh she's having contractions all of a sudden.... Maybe there's one more... I'll keep you posted......

Locuna

Cavy Slave
Ok no more babies... Few! The afterbirth just came out and she's eating it. Kinda gross but a big sigh of relief! There are three babies, all very cute! No blood at all! Just a spot! I swear I felt her pelvic bones and felt her a belly a few minutes ago and they weren't separated much or anything.... He babies were kicking. Then I hoped into bed. Now I here a sharp squeak at 1 30 in the morning and I look in the cage and Juno is turning around in circles, then lays down, turn around in circles, then lays down.... So I go back into my bed when I hear a definate squeak... I go to the cage a a thing is poking out of her bottom. I instantly grab my camera and watched all three come out. She's ate 2 red things that looks like hearts so????... I that good? Any way babies are fine I'm posting pics of what just happened 4 minutes ago.. T whole process was about 12 minutes....

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Ranijuliet

Cavy Slave
I agree, it is wrong that she lied about not having her with boys, something needs to be done so she doesnt do it again.
I have a guinea pig that got pregnant and there was no complications. She had 4 beautiful babies all by herself. I can tell you there hard to give up
20121129_172742.jpg

Ranijuliet

Cavy Slave
AWWW CUTIESS! I hope one is a girl so you can keep it lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.