Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Please welcome back LEEBEE, new moderator

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm working on a new weekly newsletter, called Guinea Pig Wheekly. Leah (or Leebee) is going to be helping me out with it. Leah lives in the SF Bay Area about half an hour from me. She's like a sister to me. For pretty much the entire decade that I was heavily involved in guinea pig rescue, Leah was my right-hand person, support and anchor. She came over to my house at least once almost every weekend to help me with cleaning cages, doing adoptions, educating adopters, driving all over kingdom come to pickup pigs from various shelters from San Francisco to Monterey. She even had to single-handedly deal with the absolute worst, most horrible case of neglect we've ever seen (and we've seen some horrifically bad ones) and drive the poor poor creature to the vet to be put down right away all by herself. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this woman. For someone to spend an hour driving and then multiple hours with me on weekends, not just once in a while, but every weekend, year in and year out is truly amazing. Leah and I together were Cavy Spirit. I had other faithful helpers in the earlier years, too, like Jackie D, who was also amazing. But, Leah hung in there over the very long haul. Without her, I could never have done as much as we did together. It just would not have been possible.

You can read a bit more about those times and see some pictures on the About Us page on Cavy Spirit: Why we started a Guinea Pig Rescue!

She took a break from pigs for a couple of years, but got suckered back into having a couple again. We reconnected at Momo's piggie pignic a couple of months ago. I needed some help and once again, guess who has stepped up! I am thrilled to have her back in my life and we are continuing on the ever evolving piggy and animal welfare journey. She is a vegetarian and has a menagerie at home, all rescues of course.

Some of you old-timers may remember her, we both used to post a lot on GL.

Please help me give a heart-warming welcome to Leah or leebee.

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
Welcome leebee!

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
Welcome back! I understand about getting sucked back in-they are irresistible!! ;)

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
Welcome back! I read the website you linked. It will be awesome to have someone around who has so much experience and dedication! :D

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Welcome back LeeBee! I'm excited about the newsletter, can't wait for the first installment!

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Yay, you, Leah! Can't wait to have you "on board." Good times ahead!

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Welcome Leebee! I remember you from GL--I'm lisam over there.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome, Leebee. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Welcome back :) I remember you from the early days, but you probably don't remember me (I'm not exactly a massive posted lol!)

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome Leebee! So glad you have you rejoin us.

leebee

Cavy Gazer
Thanks to all! I'm so glad to be back and involved with guinea pigs again, and hope to become an active part of this awesome community.

T, you're making me blush! We had some wonderful and not so wonderful times together, but I am glad we shared them. I still remember cleaning alllllllllll those cages every week! But even more I remember the wonderful pigs we were able to help connect with their new loving families and how gratifying that was.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Welcome back Leah!!!

doglaurasmudge

Cavy Slave
Welcome back! Don't know you, but oh well! You sound like a wonderful person!

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Welcome back, leebee. The little ones have a way of bringing you back into their world!

CourtArtanis

Cavy Slave
Welcome [MENTION=3]leebee[/MENTION] :heart:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.