Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    41 Rec'd/35 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Bladder stones issue

Quote Originally Posted by BubuCandyBlue View Post
    Results came back with no significant bacteria in the urine culture but even the one that was there was sensitive to the antib. chloranphenicol.
    The stone was the common 100% calcium oxalate.

The piggy is recovering very slow in comparison with the other surgeries. Noticed a very small weight increase but that's about it. Vet recommended distilled water instead of tap water, switch to KM pellets, and we'll see after New Year's what's the plan. I am kinda out of 1cc syringes, need to order more Critical Care too and some BeneBac while I am it and some liquid vit C (getting tired of crushing the tablet on a daily basis)

Here's to a better year with healthy dear piggies!
    I meant to say Calcium carbonate for the stone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    41 Rec'd/35 Posts
    Blog Entries

Piggy is happy now over the rainbow bridge.

We have tried a lot, and he had 1 good day, followed by 2 bad ones, all in a vicious loop.
    Yesterday morning he had a lot of blood in his urine so we rushed to the vet. Before even testing for UTI or E-coli bacteria etc, we ran an Xray.
    You know those rare cases you read about on GuineLynx and you just hope it is not going to be your case...he was forming 2 small stones two weeks after the surgery.

I have a piggy that beat the odds when being sick for months, he is a senior 6 now. We kept on hoping this one will do the same if only we try hard enough. Given the situation, all the care, all the surgeries, the fact that he was not recovering, the blood, the rate of the stones forming, and the fact that his bladder will not take another surgery, not that he was fit for months to come, we choose to put him to sleep.

He's been brave since July of last year and we are proud of having had him in our lives and putting a fight as much as he could against these stones.
    Thanks again for all the support and advice I was given, highly appreciated and welcomed.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    83 Rec'd/75 Posts
    Blog Entries

:( RIP little one, at least hes having a happu life at Rainbow Bridge <3 I'm so sorry for your loss, stay strong.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Agrimony's Avatar
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    208 Rec'd/157 Posts

I am very sorry for your loss, I was really hoping everything would turn out well. At least he is no longer suffering, and he had such a loving and caring owner to do everything possible for him.

User Tag List