Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New here! :)) Question about the sex of my guinea pig. Please help!

maf10

Cavy Slave
Hi there everyone. I am brand new to this site and I came here for the purpose of hopefully having someone being able to determine the sex of my guinea pig. Or at least help me get an idea of what s/he is.
I got my piggie from a friend who could no longer afford it. I have had him/her for a couple of months and everything has been going well. I am looking into getting Chulo a friend, but since I am not 100% sure on the sex, I do not want to get another yet. I will attach some photos. (Chulo was not a fan of my trying to take pictures of his/her privates so they aren't too great). There are no obvious testicles, there is a bump down there, which I have seen in both pictures of males and females. I am so confused!
If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it.
Thank you! :)

IMG_1054.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg

maf10

Cavy Slave
My friend has had it for over a year and I have had it for probably close to 3 months now. Is that still considered to be young?

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Looking closer at the bottom picture I'm now about 99.9% sure Chulo is a male, But others might not agree

jubespiggies

Cavy Slave
To me, the pig looks like a male, but i would still recommend you to look at the links RodentCuddles linked

monkeynthechimp

Cavy Slave
I say thats a dude! Perhaps he was neutered and that is why there aren't obvious testicles?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.