Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

New Zealand CUBES IN WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND!!!

B

ben walker

Hey, i really want to make a new cubes and choloplast cage for my two guinea pigs. I just DONT KNOW WHERE TO FIND CUBES!!!! If any body nos a place where i could buy cubes in Wellington, New Zealand it would be greatly appreciated.:D Thanks

D

Doula

C&C cages in Wellington

Hi Ben .... figure I may kinda be late with this reply but I've just made a C&C cage and I bought the cubes from "Plastic Box" in Lower Hutt (15 Daly Street, 04 566 3509 - but they should have same at Porirua). They were called grids (Eagle Interlocking Cubes) and were made by Eagle Wire Products, 317 Tamaki Road, Auckland 09 274 0621. In one pack there was 4 cubes consisting of 17 grid panels and 20 connectors and it was $54.99NZD. Looks from another post by you that you may have already bought something.... but just in case there is anyone else out there in this area.... I will post this info on the main cavycages website too......

B

ben walker

Re: C&C cages in Wellington

AWESOME THANKS HEAPS, ill go buy me some in the weekend, my pigs really need a new cage!! Would that set be enought to make a 2x3 cage, with a top on it(for my cats!)

Thanks Again, Ben

Attachments

FullSizeRender.jpg
D

Doula

No worries.....

Hi Ben - glad I could help ;) .

Yep it will be enough to make a 3x2 C&C cage - I made one of those, but don't have cat worries so it is open, but there are 7 grids over so you will have enough to put a roof on too (with 1 grid over!) However, all 20 connectors were used up to make my 3x2 open cage, so you will have to source some more connectors (perhaps ring Eagle up in Auckland and ask them whether they could get some to you?) or use plastic cable ties (possibly get those in somewhere like Placemakers..... maybe?) By the way if you are going to the Lower Hutt store to get the grids, they only had black last week (that's what I wanted though) and they are on the left hand side as you go in the front door of the store with all the other wire storage/organiser stuff.

B

ben walker

Re: No worries.....

Thanks heaps, im sooooo happy and i bet my little pigs will be to!

Attachments

001.jpg 002.jpg 002.jpg
C

CrazyCavy

SYDNEY!?

Any of you NZers been to Sydney and happen to find some cubes have you :p? I can't find any here! what kind of shops would have them here? Ive tried Bunnings/all the department stores like kmart/target and homeware shops, no luck.

Attachments

IMG_0423[1].jpg IMG_0419[1].jpg IMG_0424[1].jpg
B

ben walker

Sizes?

hey, sorry crazy cavy im not sure aboyut oz cubes. Best option would be to order off the net, you could probably get it cheaper! Hey Doula, just one question, what were the dimensions that you cut your corflute(coroplast) to?(Including adding twelve inches and all????) Thanks

Attachments

20141212_223031.jpg 20150104_230917.jpg
Z

Zohia

coroplast

Hi! I'm having a little problem to find coroplast because nobody seems to know (here in Portugal) what that is. As you are making a cage for your guineas do you think you could get me a small sample from your coroplast? You have to cut the corners don't you? If so, they'll be wasted, won't they?
I'm really sorry :mad: to be asking you this but I'd really like to make a cage to my guineas. I could pay for the stamp.
<strong>Thanks!!!</strong>
Joana

Attachments

20150122_175342.jpg
B

ben walker

Re: coroplast

Hey

Sorry, i dont think id be able to do that. BUT, i think the reason ur havin trouble finding coroplast is because that is a brand name in the USA. Try a local sign or plastics maker and try askin for corogated plastic or corflute. They should understand that.

Ben

D

Doula

Cubes in Sydney and Coroplast in Portugal

Hi CrazyCavy - sorry I don't visit this forum that often, but if you are still looking you could try IKEA in Sydney - they will probably have cubes/grids. I miss IKEA - I moved from the UK to NZ last year and they had loads of IKEA stores there and they've got none in NZ at all - when I was in Sydney in July I went and got my IKEA "fix" !! Heheheh! How sad is that! :rolleyes:

Zohia - in Portugal do your real estate agents put up "For Sale" boards outside the houses they are selling..... you can bet that they may be made of coroplast.....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.