Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet Paradise in New Jersey

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
I went to a pet store in New Jersey with my cousin to pick up some supplies for her ferret. We went in although the animal had two types of pets up front (Ferret and Dwarf Rabbits) They were given adequate housing and were healthy. But BEWARE. I went (Actually Snuck) into there back room and behold the terror. There was a cage PILED with mice. In another cage, there were about twenty mice trying to nurse off their mother! Then, what broke my heart was the guinea pigs. 1 pig per AQUARIUM (The smallest sized one) with NO BEDDING, and just food and water (Of course vitamin drops in water, Seeded food). These guinea pigs were HUGE too (One looked 5 lbs.!) Another thing that bothered and worried me was that all the animals (Birds, Small Mammals, Reptiles) were in the same room with no ventilation! I was wondering if there is anything I can do even though I don't live in New Jersey?

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
You can try to call/email or otherwise alert an agency that is in the area for animal protection: for example, we have an animal cruelty investigator here in St. Paul, MN. Otherwise, PETA may have a way of dealing with this. Just two ideas; I'm sure more will come along. Thanks for caring, though, and keep an eye out for stuff like this in the future as well.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Anytime; if you decide to try that let me know how it goes! Good luck!

fudgybananas

Cavy Slave
Hey! I live in New Jersey... do you know where it is? Maybe I can see what can be done about it since I live here...

KibblesNbitz

Cavy Slave
I live in Nj and I have been to that place but I never knew it was such a bad place for animals....next time I get a chance I will go down there and give em' chaos.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
It's near deptford I think (Did I spell that right?) if not there than it's near like glasboro and National Park.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
Hmm... next time I go up there, should I take a video camera and film the conditions?

fudgybananas

Cavy Slave
Hahaha.... do that! I want to see!!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
LuvMyPiggers said:
Hmm... next time I go up there, should I take a video camera and film the conditions?
You can. Depending on that state's laws you may not be able to have audio with the video. If you are unsure then see if you can turn off the audio on your camera. This way if the tape is used in court it can't be thrown out because it has illegal audio.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
Ok. I'll try that.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.