Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Pellets

MookaGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Hello, I was wondering if someone could tell me of a good place to buy guinea pig food pellets online or a good brand to buy. My pigs are so picky. They barely ever eat their pellets! Currently, I am giving them Oxbow pellets. I expected them to love it but they don't.. so any suggestions of other good brands? I want to buy from KMS Hayloft, but shipping is extremely expensive! Thank you :)

xXMaggieXx

Cavy Slave
Sweet Meadows sells a good pellets. The only healthy pellets I know of are Sweet Meadow, Oxbow, and KMS heres sweet meadows link: (broken link removed)

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
As @xXMaggieXx said, Sweet Meadow is a great brand. Those are the only 3 good ones I know of... Where are you, state-wise? If you are in New England, my local Agway sells Sweet Meadow stuff in store. Yours might too. I think that there are one or two other good brands out there, but I can't think of any off the top of my head...

MookaGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I'll check it out! I believe a while ago I got some really good hay from them, but I couldn't remember the name until now :)

MookaGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Thanks @NarwhalsRock, I live in Maine, I have yet to look at Agway although I know there is one close to me, I'll have to stop by some time and see if they do have any :)

NarwhalsRock

Cavy Slave
Cool! If you are near the southern NH border, like near Dover, Portsmouth and Somersworth, the Agway in Dover has the Sweet Meadow pellets.

MookaGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Just an update, today I went to my local Agway (it's actually super close to my house, which is awesome!!) and got a relatively large bag of timothy hay for only $2!! My piggies love it too! I am hoping to go back soon because they said that they normally have guinea pig pellets but at the moment they don't :( Anyways, thank you so much for suggesting Agway! I got the amount of hay I would normally pay $7 - $12 for only $2!!

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Just an update, today I went to my local Agway (it's actually super close to my house, which is awesome!!) and got a relatively large bag of timothy hay for only $2!! My piggies love it too! I am hoping to go back soon because they said that they normally have guinea pig pellets but at the moment they don't :( Anyways, thank you so much for suggesting Agway! I got the amount of hay I would normally pay $7 - $12 for only $2!!

That's great to hear. Hopefully they get the pellets soon for you

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.