Thanks
    Thanks
    97 Rec'd/94 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Re: Lethal? Weak baby (neglected?) Please help

They are all so very cute. Their colors are so pretty. Good luck with all of those babies and with the mums

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Thank you everyone Can anyone give me some help with the sexing? It's been almost 2 weeks for Daisy's babies and I keep checking them, but they all look exactly the same! I've been applying pressure, but nothing seems to be different. Is it possible to tell at 2 weeks? If they are a boy, will their 'part' be noticeable when pressure is a applied, or will it still be very small and hard to tell?

Thanks
    Thanks
    97 Rec'd/94 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamielk92 View Post
    Thank you everyone Can anyone give me some help with the sexing? It's been almost 2 weeks for Daisy's babies and I keep checking them, but they all look exactly the same! I've been applying pressure, but nothing seems to be different. Is it possible to tell at 2 weeks? If they are a boy, will their 'part' be noticeable when pressure is a applied, or will it still be very small and hard to tell?

You can tell the sex of the new pups as soon as they are born, but its best to keep checking. If you feel a ridge/speed bump right above the genital area, It's a male.
    Here's a link to help you out. http://www.guinealynx.info/sexing_pups.html
    Hope it helps.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Yes, I know you can tell right from birth, I just meant that it's a lot more difficult because they haven't really developed much yet. And I've looked at those photos way too much and am still having trouble deciding :/ they all seem to have a little bump there (unless I'm imagining it), one of them seems to have a bump that gets bigger when I apply pressure above, but it's still hard for me to say for sure I just wanted to know how large the boys part is at 2-3 weeks and if it's pretty visible when pressure is applied, or if it's still small and hard to tell. I'm sorry if I'm being repetitive!

And should I be worried if they are trying to mount at all? There's no way the boys can get anyone pregnant until the 21 day mark, correct?

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Anyone? About the mounting?

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,242 Rec'd/5,769 Posts
    Mentioned
    2030 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3811 Post(s)

The mounting is perfectly normal, and you don't have to separate until the 21st day.

Have you read Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig The acid test for a male is getting the penis to extrude. You should be able to feel a penis by gently pushing your finger crossways across the abdomen just above the genitalia, if there's one there.

Have you posted any pictures of the genital area for anyone else to look at?

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Yes, I've read it tons haha. I've been checking them basically everyday and I'm pretty sure one of them is a boy. He's also the one rumble strutting and trying to mount the others so that makes me even more sure..and uncomfortable...ha. The other two I think are girls, but they do have a little bump, just nothing that looks bigger with pressure. (They are all 2 weeks today by the way). I'll try to take pictures soon, but they're extremely squirmy and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a clear one :/

User Tag List