Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Hello all, just wanted to say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
glitterbug121
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
glitterbug121
J

jaejae

I would like to extend once Im confident with making the cage. Also money is a factor as they were quite expensive to buy.

How old are you, obviously you are still living at home. Having my own place Im quite lucky. My boyfriend is very supportive of my love for piggies, I dont have any other hobbies and I cant stand shopping for shoes and clothes (mad I know!!!). Hes quite happy for me to spend money careing for my piggies x

glitterbug121
J

jaejae

So you use ebay, Im always abit nervous about buying things off of the internet. Still quite new to it all really!!!!

J

jaejae

That would make you only 18... still a baby!!! hehe... just kidding! x

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
jaejae said:
Im going to be picking up my correx from Cambridge, although I havent got a clue how Im gonna get it home, might have to hire a van!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been trying to find places to buy correx for ages!! Where in Cambridge is the store? I'm practically next door to Cambridge!

J

jaejae

Myspoiltpiggies said:
I've been trying to find places to buy correx for ages!! Where in Cambridge is the store? I'm practically next door to Cambridge!
Signs express in cambridge. I will have to pick it up but they said they would do an 8x4 for £10.. or it may have been £15. look for them on yell.com

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Be careful with ebay, I tried buying things of there and nothing came! I'm still waiting for a cuddle cup for the pigs.

It's not raining here, but it soooo cold. The electricity has gone so no heating! Clothes shopping can be quite fun to an extent, but when you can't find anything to buy it's so irratating!

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I have never bought anything from ebay and I'm not sure I ever want to... my mum's friend bought a mobile phone on there for her daughter and it never came.

glitterbug121

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
It all depends on who you are buying from though.. you can never be sure! I would hate to pay for something and then never recieve it.

glitterbug121

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Glitterbug, you just got back from a week's banning. I highly suggest you start posting properly using capitalization and punctuation and remember you are still NOT allowed to sell anything on this forum. If you don't obey the posting rules this time, you may end up permanently banned.

Also, take the ebay pitch out of your profile. It will get you banned if you don't.

glitterbug121

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Ly, that's a little unfair - she didn't even mention cubes. We were all talking about ebay. I never knew ebay could "take action". The cuddle cup was only worth £2, but still, it should have been deliverred to my house. Lucky I didn't get my mobile phone from there!

J

jaejae

Im sorry but its taking the mickey having a go at someone for not using proper capitalization and punctuation. Does anyone actually care if something doesnt have a full stop at the end or a capital letter!!! Honestly it is just silly! x

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Actually, if you had bothered to read the rules, then it's not so silly :p

We have members from all over the world here - estonia, germany, finland etc So, we need to make sure our posts are legible so that everyone can read them. It is common courtesy too.

J

jaejae

I have read the rules but please remember some peple find it difficult with there spelling and punctuation. My boyfriend went to university and did very well for himself but still struggles with spelling. And if people from across the world can read english Im sure they can read it even if it doesnt have a capital letter at the front! Im sorry but its very rude when people cant spell for them to be critacised! Fair enough no 'chat talk' but spelling mistakes are a fact of life, unless you have a degree in english!!!!

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I think ebay is great. I have bought/sold around 50 items and only had one problem with a non-payer and of course, I hadn't sent the item so it didn't really matter, anyway! I've made some money out of stuff that would have been sitting in my house as junk or been given to a charity shop. Ebay are rather rubbish at intervening, it's really paypal that provides the protection if you pay with them.

Spelling and capitalization does matter. It's a real pain to read even for someone like me who's a native English speaker! There's nothing worse to read than one big run-on sentence, no paragraphs and no punctuation. I can't imagine if someone typed like that in Dutch or German (languages I speak quite a bit of, but don't speak natively), I'd be lost!

Edit: I don't have a degree in English, but I'd like to think my spelling is pretty good. If you REALLY struggle, there's always a spell checker in MS Word et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.