Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Beloved Mr. Whistles

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Well that sucks. Did I miss something, was he ill?

Poor little dude! He did live a wonderful life in his giant cage and spoiled with veggies and fleece, I'm sorry you lost the little man.

mommieof3

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss. Somewhere Mr. Whistles is zooming and popcorning with joy!

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Well that sucks. Did I miss something, was he ill?

Poor little dude! He did live a wonderful life in his giant cage and spoiled with veggies and fleece, I'm sorry you lost the little man.

Thank you Paula.
He didn't appear to be ill.
He was acting the same as always. Running marathons, munching on hay, running to greet you and get petted when you walk to the kitchen. Eating, drinking. Pooing, peeing. His food supply was at the same level it always is every night.
Hay box is 1/4 full(filled every night), little to no pellets left in his dish(1/8 cup given every morning), water bottle 1/4th empty(replaced with new water every morning).

I was spending the night at a friend's house, helping her build her new bird cage. Hubby says he ate all his veggies. Was his normal spunky self. When he came home from work Whistles appeared to be having issues walking. I was halfway home when he called and notified me of this. When I got home he was laying in the middle of his cage, eyes open and motionless. Non reactive. I didn't even registered that I just tossed my laptop on the ground. I just picked him up, held him and started bawling. I checked his legs, nothing felt broken, nothing was twisted. Attempted to palpate his body. Nothing really felt out of place. After burying him I hunted through his cage for anything out of the ordinary. Nothing!

tabikat55

Cavy Slave
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
After burying him I hunted through his cage for anything out of the ordinary. Nothing!
And his weights had been normal? Ugh, that's so tough. I had a baby pig die out of the blue, was fine that morning then gasping for air and gone by that evening - it's so sudden and tragic, I'm sorry you lost him that way, although there's no "good" way for sure. Take care!

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
And his weights had been normal? Ugh, that's so tough. I had a baby pig die out of the blue, was fine that morning then gasping for air and gone by that evening - it's so sudden and tragic, I'm sorry you lost him that way, although there's no "good" way for sure. Take care!

Yup. Weights have been normal and steady for a full 2 months. 1279Gms.

While walking the dog tonight hubby gave me some good news. He said if I could fit 2 guinea pigs in the cage then I can get 2 guineas. I'm confindent I could fit 4 in there. But I'd rather keep it roomy for 2 guineas. I honestly didn't expect him to decide on getting 2 guineas so soon. I think seeing how crushed I was to find Whistles sorta gave him that extra push to make me feel better and happy.

At the same time it feels wrong to move to another animal so fast. But I'm certain Whistles would want me happy again. He was all about making me smile.

pinky

Cavy Slave
That's really sad. Is your cage a single or multiple level? Is it possible he fell or another household pet could have gotten to him? I'm really sorry for your loss.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
That's really sad. Is your cage a single or multiple level? Is it possible he fell or another household pet could have gotten to him? I'm really sorry for your loss.

It has been a single level for a while now. The dog was out and about with me. The cat is VERY old and EXTREMELY arthritic. So just climbing into the cage is too much work for her joints.

Cavycuties

Cavy Slave
Sorry for your loss :( Maybe he will make friends with my piggies that have past, Lucy Chandler and Lupin <3

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
So sorry for your loss.. He was adorable.. :(

pinky

Cavy Slave
It has been a single level for a while now. The dog was out and about with me. The cat is VERY old and EXTREMELY arthritic. So just climbing into the cage is too much work for her joints.

Sometimes those questions are just never answered. It's very sad. When I lose one, I usually adopt shortly after. Some people need time getting over the loss. I find that the time and energy getting another one settled in helps ease some of the pain and sadness.

Xeygwyn

Cavy Slave
I am sooo sorry about Mr. Whistles. He was a beautiful piggy, and seemed to always have a mischievous look on his face. I know he will miss you across the Rainbow Bridge - maybe he was needed to help all the others - and I know you loved him enough for him to want to share that. With all the recent piggy tragedies, I think Mr. Whistles was needed, and I could think of no better piggy to lead them to the other side. R.I.P Handsome guy.

2cutepiggies

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Momma2000

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry. I really enjoyed reading about him, and I could feel your love of him through all your posts.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
RIP Mr. Whistles, and thank you [MENTION=22188]MrWhistles[/MENTION] for the times you have helped me around the forums.

Come back around and let us know when you get new Piggers. Keep us posted.

WHEEEEEK!

kananaka

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for the loss of Mr. Whistles.

joyfulnoise

Cavy Slave
I'm so shocked and surprised by your loss. So very sorry for you and your family. Reading your posts and seeing Mr. Whistles pigtures were always a joy for me. Thank you for sharing him with us.
I think with your piggie knowledge and your capacity for loving God's little animals, you should definitely get a pair of girls. I personally think that it would be a wonderful way to save two guinea pigs who are desperate for a family of their own and also to help you to heal your heart.
Prayers and best wishes to you:love:

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
OMG, just read this and I am in shock. I always loved reading about Mr. Whistles and seeing the cute pigtures you posted. I'm sure Mufasa and Borat were waiting at the Rainbow Bridge to welcome a fellow Central Florida piggy to the land of neverending veggies.

I can't even imagine what a shock that had to be to find him like that, especially at a young age. My heart goes out to you. When the time is right, I hope you find two girl pigs to help heal your heart. I check Craigslist around here all the time and see so many unwanted pigs (and of course they turn up in the shelters too). I'm sure Mr. Whistles will smile down on you if you use his loss as a reason to give some new pigs a wonderful life like he had.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Thank you all so very much for your kind words. I received an email from 4 Lil' Pigs N Buns. They have accepted my form of adoption interest and said they would love to meet me this weekend to view potiental adoptees.

Hopefully tomorrow me and my best friend(whom is like a sister to me) are going to take the drive down the St. Petersburg to see their piggys. If a pair chooses me then they'll come home with us. This morning I sent a prayer up to Whistles asking for his guidance to lead me to which girls need me most and which girls would be best for me.

I do feel like my animals sense my pain. The cat has started to be more loveable. She is hardly loveable. Usually the only time she is loveable is when you have food xD
Emma the pug made a mess of the house with her toys in an attempt to look adorable and make me smile.
My horses have come together as well. I got an unexpected horsey hug from each of them this morning. They've given me horsey hugs before, but they never start the hug.

Fizzlepop40

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Whistles.

I hope you find a great piggie pair and if you do, I hope they will be with you for years to come! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.