Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference Crochet Cuddly Cavies for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Re: I have a new piggie!!!

web-cuddly-buddy-and-elly.gif

Adoption Pricing
Short haired GPs $15.00
Long haired GPs $20.00.

Baby GP prices. Babies are about half the size of an adult GP. Keep in mind that their markings won't be as exact as an adult.
Baby Short Hair $8.00
Baby Long Hair $10.00

My GPs are made to be anatomically correct (unless requested otherwise) all male GPs made are neutered before they leave my yarn box.

I have 2 ways to do abbys.

With yarn hair (cost $20) This pig is actually an Abruvian (notice the longer butt hair)
rockyroad.jpg

Or Abby's with an ultra fine hair that is super soft and cuddly. These GPs often come out a bit larger then normal (cost $25). Not all colors are available with this type of yarn so I may not be able to do all GP colors
snowflake.jpg

To make you a Cuddly GP I need several pictures of your pig so I can get the markings right. Keep in mind that this will be a representation of your pig and not an exact match. I also need to know the eye color if you want custom colored eyes or you have the choice of pure black eyes (creates a cute doll look)

dolleyes.jpg

If you have a long haired pig and trim it let me know if you want the trimmed look, that your picture will reflect, or the untrimmed hair.

The GPs are adult life size. All Gps come with hay in their mouths so they don't get hungry during their trip to you. The hay can be taken out of their mouths once they arrive.

I take paypal,credit cards, money order, check (it has to clear before I send out your pig) and will ship overseas. To pay by credit card go (broken link removed)

Shipping cost within the United States will be $4.60 (for the first pound (2 adult GPs) for priority mail with tracking. 3 or more dolls may have extra shipping cost. Overseas shipping will be more, ask for a quote.

A portion of the money will be sent to Cavy Spirit to help with Teresa's rescue and the running of this fabulous site.

Last edited:

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer

I don't know if my Roo would be considered a baby. He's about 3 months. He's alot smaller than the others. You mentioned they are less when smaller?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave

I edited the pricing post to reflect baby prices too. It's at the top of the post.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave

How do we contact you and get you the pigtures? I would love to order some. Cujo is almost 4 lbs so he make cost me a bit more! Let us know, okay?
Thanks

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave

Just PM me pictures and let me know all the info.

I won't charge extra for extra large Piggies. If people want they can also measure the length of their GP and I will try to get it as close to the exact length as I can.

Last edited:

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave

I am gonna save some money so you can make me 16 of them. I have 15 now but I want one of Holly first. Ly's Godpiggie. I lost her back in Jan 10th. I still miss her. As soon as I get enough money for a short hair baby. She is a abby mix.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave

Are the piggies washable? I know our live ones shouldn't be bathed too often, but then again, they can groom themselves for the most part.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave

The Cuddly Cabies are washable. The yarn I'm using for them is acrylic yarn and the stuffing is Polyfill which is hypoallergenic. This means that people with allergies can hug and love these pigs all they want. They will not shrink either and don't easily stain.

If someone is planning on getting one of these GPs for a child under 3 make sure you let me know. I will embroider the eyes on instead of using the plastic eyes. The plastic eyes are well done and should not come off but accidents can happen and I would want to remove the choking potential.

I am also willing to make the pigs in fanciful colors. So if you want a pink Pig, rainbow peruvian, blue dutch, purple dalmation, etc...I will be happy to do it.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave

I am gonna show you 2 pics that I probably will do once I get enough money. One is Porky for my mom in law. She is in the hospital possibly with another cancer. Porkey is her favorite since we got him.

The other is my precious Holly who was only 3 wks old when she passed away in my arms.

Here is Porky
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Here is Holly. She also has a white butt. This is the only pic I have of her but I have one of her butt when she was feeding off of her mum down at the bottom of the first 3.
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Holly is the tiny little black baby under her mum who is the white piggie. See her cute lil white bum. so cute.
(broken link removed)

laura220

Cavy Slave
Hmm..I'd like one as soon as I get the money together. It might depend on the shipping costs. I wouldn't mind having a Shorthaired Cuddly Cavy even though Ginny is an Aby mix. Just having the marking the same would do. We'll I'll see.

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Voodoo i'm so happy you are doing this!! I can't wait to get one. Gotta start saving my pennies!

I don't understand the sizing though. How big is adult and how big is baby?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The one I have is like a teenage or adult size piggie and it's pretty good size. It's as big or bigger than some of my adult cavies.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Zeander said:
I don't understand the sizing though. How big is adult and how big is baby?
I strive for "close to life size". An adult is about 9" long a baby would be about half that length.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I have two Cavies ready to leave for their new homes with their adoptive families.

Here is Furkidsmommy Owen

Here is Cuddly Owen

Here is Zakfoxmom's Cinnamon

and Cuddly Cinnamon (I love the crazy hair!)

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
Owen arrived yesterday he is perfect, thank you.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Furkidsmommy said:
Owen arrived yesterday he is perfect, thank you.
You're welcome. Glad you like him.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
how long does it take you to do one piggy?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
About 3-4 days. I can crochet really fast.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
The picture I have are to large to be pm'd to you. Is there any other way to get you the pictures?

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
I got Cinnamon this morning!!! I absolutely love him! Thank you so much Voodoo, he's terrific! I have him here at the office and everyone thinks he istotally adorable. If you are not too swamped with orders, I would love to get Coco as well. Let me know if you can and I will send you pictures of her. THANKS AGAIN!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.