Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference Crochet Cuddly Cavies for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
Oh no! I'm so sorry!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
vince said:
Cotton died today and we would like to get a cuddly cavie as a memorial to her. I'm sorry if this is short but its hard to type right now. She's the bigger one in the pictures the smaller one is her little sister Fluff. Please let me know when and If this can be done.
Vince - Once again, I'm sorry for your loss.

What picture are you referring to? If cotton was pure white, and that's how you want her done all I need to know is what eye color you want, is she a short hair or aby? And any other info I might need.

happimommaof2

Cavy Slave
I know I would want a rainbow one and a blue one. Both babys, How would I go about paying you? And what about shipping?
Thanks,
Amanda

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
happimommaof2 said:
I know I would want a rainbow one and a blue one. Both babys, How would I go about paying you? And what about shipping?
Thanks,
Amanda
Amanda - already have a couple of orders to get through and at this time I don't want to be holding onto people's money until I'm sure I can start working on their order.

When it comes to payment I prefer Paypal, I can take a check but I'm a long way away from my bank right now and I have to mail in checks for deposit which slows things down.

I'll add your name to the waiting list and PM you when I get close to being able to start.

Some things you may want to think about is what shade of blue you want (find a sample color to post if you can) do you want it all one color blue or do you want 2 or 3 shades for a subtle banded look? If you go to Walmart and look at the Red Heart yarns find what color/s you like and make a note of the name of the color and PM it to me. If you find it at Walmart then most likely I can find it near me and I'll pick-up exactly what you want. With the rainbow, do you want bands/stripes or I can probably get rainbow yarn where you will get lots of spots/stripes constantly changing. I can probably find examples to post for you to see.

I ship via Priority Mail. In the United States it will be $3.85 for up to 3 Gps.

happimommaof2

Cavy Slave
Well about the blue you could do different colors of blue, it is my sons favorite color and of course a little boy for him. And the rainbow you could just do the rainbow yarn that one is for my daughter so she will of course need a little girl. I know when you do them they will love them. Take care
Thanks
Amanda

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
happimommaof2 said:
Well about the blue you could do different colors of blue, it is my sons favorite color and of course a little boy for him. And the rainbow you could just do the rainbow yarn that one is for my daughter so she will of course need a little girl. I know when you do them they will love them. Take care
Thanks
Amanda
Okay, I'll look around for a good varigated blue. If I can't find a good one I'll use 3 shades; the lightest for the head, midshade for the torso and darkest for the butt.

happimommaof2

Cavy Slave
That sounds good now with out being to picky could you make the rainbow one longhaired and then the blue short haired. If not that is ok.
Thanks
Amanda

vince

Cavy Slave
Cotton is the piggy I use for my avatar pic. She has white hair that seems to lie backward from back to front which gave her a tu-tu ballarina effect in the middle. She has a little bit of brown in the corner of her eyes her eyes are red. I am trying to add a picture of her to the post but Im having problems with it.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
happimommaof2 said:
That sounds good now with out being to picky could you make the rainbow one longhaired and then the blue short haired. If not that is ok.
Thanks
Amanda
That's no problem at all.

happimommaof2

Cavy Slave
Ok thank you just let me know when you are ready and I will do the paypal you will just have to give me whatever information I need and I will go ahead and do that...
Thanks Take care
Amanda

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
vince said:
Cotton is the piggy I use for my avatar pic. She has white hair that seems to lie backward from back to front which gave her a tu-tu ballarina effect in the middle. She has a little bit of brown in the corner of her eyes her eyes are red. I am trying to add a picture of her to the post but Im having problems with it.
It looks to me like she was a uniquely whorled white Aby. Very cute! No problem. I have a general idea of the piggie. Just let me know if her eyes are ringed with brown or is it just a little brown in front or behind her eyes.

happimommaof2

Cavy Slave
Oh and if you could just crochet there eyes that would be great maybe brown for the blue one and blue for the rainbow or whatever you think is fine.
Thanks again

Daddy Doodle

Cavy Slave
Voodoojoint, did you get the PM I sent you a few days ago?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I missed it, but I just responded.

vince

Cavy Slave
She has a little bit of brown in the lower part of her right eye Ive added a picture of her face I hope that helps.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Perfect. Just what I needed.

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
Voodoo, I PMed you another order. Ship it seperately from Cuddly Gordy if you don't mind. Thanks a lot.

cavy_lover

Cavy Slave
Hi Voodoo, I was just wondering would you be willing to ship them overseas to Australia? Thanks

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Yes I can ship overseas but the shipping cost can be high.

classicfilmbuff

Cavy Slave
Hello Voodoo.

I am not a Cavy person myself (although I think they're very cute!) but my good friend is. She lost her pig Zing-a-ling last year.

I am fairly good at crocheting and have been thinking about making a yarn version of Zing for her as a special Christmas present.

I ran across this board thread and am very impressed with your talent. Your patterns are so realistic and detailed to the specific cavy!

This may seem an unusual request, but I was hoping you would be willing to sell me a pattern designed from a picture of Zing. I think you do beautiful work, but I would love to make it myself. More personal you see.

I have been crocheting for most of my life, so the pattern doesn't have to be very detailed in explinations and such. Also, Zing was all white so that should make it even easier!

Rest assured that this is a one-time thing. I do not intend to use your pattern for anything other than this singular gift. I simply can tell that your familiarity with cavies makes you much more qualified to design what I have in mind.

Thanks for your time and consideration!

~Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.