Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference Crochet Cuddly Cavies for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

furikuricavy

Cavy Slave
Can you post a pic of Patrick?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I can get a picture up tonight or in the morning.

JennG

Cavy Slave
You are so talented. I'm going to have to wait until the first of next year after Christmas and all. Hopefully, you'll still be making them. They are so adorable.

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
I'm finally getting the pigtures of the adorable crocheted Buster that Voodoo made for my daughter (also the one she tried to kidnap and threaten to destuff with a gun!). Here he is having a pigspection done by Frank and the real Buster:

https://photobucket.com/albums/b378/A4PigHome/?

Voodoo did an awesome job, even included Buster's white butt cheek!

https://photobucket.com/albums/b378/A4PigHome/?

Thank you, Voodoo, so much! My daughter is going to flip when she gets him at her birthday party in a couple of weeks! Oh, and I liked the little additions you sent with too! ;)

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
Just a few quick questions... Can you do hamsters, possibly in the sitting up position? Also, these probably shouldn't be used for younger kids to play with right? My nephew is almost two and he LOVES my guinea pigs, but he can't play with them because he's too rough. I figured I'd teach him on one of these the PROPER way to hold a living creature. Thirdly, I have a guinea pig with pretty much short hair, but she has little tufts of hair coming off of her ears. Can you do that on your pigs? Thanks.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I want everyone to know that Voodoo is not able to be online and she will probably not be online for awhile, it may be weeks before she's back due to the hurricane. Anyone with questions needs to be patient and wait until VJ is back online before asking them. Thank you.

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
I hope she's okay...

furikuricavy

Cavy Slave
Me too. That hurricane seriosly dammaged New Orleans.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
VJ is fine, she posted on the forum today, but she will not be able to post often right now. I am sure all the cuddly critters will be on hold for awhile.

Brenda

Cavy Slave
Thank the good Lord!! Tell her to take care, and try to keep in touch. Brenda

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Once again, thank you all for your concern for my safety and situation!

I am once again able to take orders for Cuddly Cavies.

While I was in Nawlins I grabbed my yarn and crochet equipment. I'm ready to start rolling again. I will have to take orders one at a time for a while as I don't want people waiting for long periods of time if in case production gets interupted by my return to Nawlins.

I finally managed to ship out my last order of Cavies and I want to thank FuriKuriCavy for her infinite patience in receiving her order. I was about to ship out her order when we evacuated and, thinking I would be back home within a few days, I left them behind. I grabbed her Cavies while I was home and they are now shipped. She should get them within the next day or two.

ZakFoxMom's Auction win of the crocheted Cavy magnet has also shipped out to her. ZakFoxMom deserves everyone's congrats as when this disaster struck she PMed me and told me to not bother worrying about shipping the Cavy and for T to keep the money she paid for it because it was for a good cause. She is an example of a fabulous human being.

Anyway, to answer a couple of questions I have never done a hamster but am pretty sure I can. All I need are the pictures and I can figure it out from there.

I can do tufts of hair on G.P.s

So if anyone is interested just let me know.

A4PigHome

Cavy Slave
Wow, Voodoo, I thought it would be months before you could start making your cavies again.

ZakFoxMom...that was really neat of you. What a wonderful person you are!! It's great to continue to hear about good things coming out of something as awful as Katrina.

Brenda

Cavy Slave
Hey Girl!!!! So glad yo read that you made it through all of that HELL. Right noe I am in the process of moving my daughter, and you all know parents are full of money, HA!!!! I will get back to you on the first part of November though. I have to have my baby!!!! Seriously, I glad you are doing ok. Take care, Brenda

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
I'm glad that you're okay and to hear that you will once again be making cuddly cavies. I just reread the post and I'm sorry... I'm retarded... I just saw the post about making them for kids under three and embroidering the eyes instead of using the normal kind. :sorry: I will probably order one for my nephew around Christmas time. I've been wondering what to get him, and this will be perfect. I don't know what I would make his guinea pig look like so I'll probably just let you choose that, but that's a long way away... I would like to order one now that looks like my Gordy.... How many orders do you have to complete? I'll balance my checkbook and see what's going on there and get back with you... If I have to wait a while, that's okay.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
lilchris_28 said:
I would like to order one now that looks like my Gordy.... How many orders do you have to complete? I'll balance my checkbook and see what's going on there and get back with you... If I have to wait a while, that's okay.

I am wide open for work at the moment. No one has to ask permission to start the ordering process. Just let me know you want one, you can even PM or email me the pictures, and I'mm tell you when I can start and when to pay. I just don't want to be holding on to anyone's money without knowing that I can get their Cavy to them soon.

Before the evacuation I was fine with having a lot of orders waiting because I thought I would have plenty of time to get to them. Now things are a bit different and I can't be certain where I will be a few weks from now and if I do manage to get back to my home in New Orleans I may be so busy trying to repair my home and city that I might have to put off making the Cavies for a while.

So feel free to let me know if you want a cuddly cavy made and I'll take it from there.

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
voodoojoint said:
ZakFoxMom's Auction win of the crocheted Cavy magnet has also shipped out to her. ZakFoxMom deserves everyone's congrats as when this disaster struck she PMed me and told me to not bother worrying about shipping the Cavy and for T to keep the money she paid for it because it was for a good cause. She is an example of a fabulous human being.

Aw, shucks....Thanks. You're a doll Voodoo. I'm just glad you and your family (human and non-human) are safe. :tearsofjo :hug:

futureguineamom

Cavy Slave
I am also willing to make the pigs in fanciful colors. So if you want a pink Pig, rainbow peruvian, blue dutch, purple dalmation, etc...I will be happy to do it.

What about Strawberry patterns of some sort? ;)

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
futureguineamom said:
What about Strawberry patterns of some sort? ;)
Hmm... I probably can. I may have to embroider on strawberries or I could do the GP in red. embroider on seeds all over and have the leafy top crocheted on as the butt...or crochet leaves seperatly and sew them on at the butt so they are 3D.

futureguineamom

Cavy Slave
Oooh that sounds so cool! (the last one especially!) I'll have to think about it though.. sorry I IM'd you but too late lol.

vince

Cavy Slave
Cotton died today and we would like to get a cuddly cavie as a memorial to her. I'm sorry if this is short but its hard to type right now. She's the bigger one in the pictures the smaller one is her little sister Fluff. Please let me know when and If this can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.