Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference Crochet Cuddly Cavies for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Wow, they're adorable! I might get 2 of my pigs.

What if my pig is medium haired? It wouldn't be accurate to give my Snickers the long or short hair. Maybe it would cost $17.50?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Tatalp said:
What if my pig is medium haired? It wouldn't be accurate to give my Snickers the long or short hair. Maybe it would cost $17.50?

Sorry the price would still be $20.00. It's not the length of the hair; it's the huge amount of work that it takes to do the long hair. Medium hair would be the same amount of extra work.

CuteButShyPig

Cavy Slave
is under 6 months considered a baby? because I am going to save up my money to get one of Roxy and Lilly hopefully, and they are 3 or 4 months old.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I can make any pig a baby. If you have an adult pig and just want a smaller sized Cuddly Cavy I can reverse time and make it as a baby. Just like I can crochet a baby pig into an adult sized doll. Sizing is all up to you.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Voodoo- I am thinking about getting a Cuddly Simon. Would the crest be impossible?

poozillas41

Cavy Slave
I was wondering whether theses cavies can go in the cage with the other REAL cavies? Recees LOVES stuffed toys, but I don't want it to hurt her or Skippy.

poozillas41

Cavy Slave
Also, can you do "cow licks" Recees has hair on the top of her head (shes a short hair) that swirls out from a point in the center of her head. (Then the rest of her hair is normal)

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I can probably do a head cowlick. It's the all over whorls on Abys that I haven't mastered yet. At the very least it would look like a top-knot of hair.

poozillas41

Cavy Slave
OK. Well. My brother and I are going to snap some pics.I want 2 of them (If my dad says yes) I am wondering whether they can go in the cage with the piggies as a toy? Or will it hurt them?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I believe they will be okay in the cage. You just want to make sure they don't chew on them. Chewing will break the yarn and cause unravelling which will also expose the stuffing which they should not eat. I don't recommend putting the long haired crochet pigs in the cage because I can pretty much guarentee that they will chew on the yarn strings.

pigsnchins

Cavy Slave
Do you happen to do cuddly chinchillas, too or just the piggies? I have pigs and chins (thus my name), and would love to have cuddly versions of both.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
My experience when I put my Cuddly Baby Elly in the cage was the pigs wanted to chew on her. They actually took a couple bites out of the yarn. If you get the ones that have yarn hair, I wouldn't put them in the cage unless you want them to barber your cuddly pig. Also, I don't think eating yarn would be too good for piggies.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
pigsnchins said:
Do you happen to do cuddly chinchillas, too or just the piggies? I have pigs and chins (thus my name), and would love to have cuddly versions of both.
I'm sure I could. What color Chin do you have? PM me a picture. I'll see if I can work out a pattern and make one when I have time. If you like it you can buy it. If not I can always put it on Ebay or give it to my kids.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
Hi, Voodoo. How is Cujo coming along. Payment should arrive any time now. I am so excited to see him. I have told everyone - my daughter thinks i've lost my mind! I'll have to get more pictures of the other boys for more piggies. I actually had my first piggie that died that I would love a stuffed version of too - his name was Puzzle. Can't wait to see Cujo II.

poozillas41

Cavy Slave
OK. My dad wants to get one for my grandmother (she loves my pigs, but she doesn't want to have to take care of them for more than 2 weeks) So we're going to get a pic of a cute pig off the internet. I'll tell you when I find one.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
mom to cujo said:
Hi, Voodoo. How is Cujo coming along....Can't wait to see Cujo II.
As stange as this sounds I am working on Cujo's butt now. After that then just his ears and legs which don't take long at all. He should be done this evening and in the mail tomorrow.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Voodoo! I got Cuddly Deacon Jr. in the mail the other day and he is perfect! He will be sent to his new home in Virginia in a couple days.

Thank you!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Glad you like him. The brown yarn is actually vintage yarn I had been saving. I figured this was a good way to make sure the yarn, and what is made from it, never gets thrown out.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
And it looks just like the agouti! I am very impressed.

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Slap do you have any pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.