Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Reference Crochet Cuddly Cavies for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I had considered selling the pattern but while the body is pretty straight forward the feet get kinda fiddly and I just don't know how I would explain making he toes, foot and then the switch to the leg. I guess I could just change the pattern to make "nub" feet and people could glue on felt feet bottoms for the toes if they want.

I also wouldn't be able to make up a pattern with the color changes. That part I make up as I go for every GP. Basically to make up a pattern with color changes I would have to crochet the GP myself just to count where the color changes go.

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
Voodoo-

Regarding the piggie magnet from the auction:

I wanted to let you know that Katrina is in her bag with the note in it and she is hanging at my desk at work. Many people have come by and read the note and I have told them story behind it. Everyone from my office sends you warm wishes and you are in their thoughts and prayers :)

Orangiegirl2

Cavy Slave
Hi I am a newbie here but I've been watching you slowly add pics showing your beautiful work. I am very interested in getting cuddly cavy of by beloved piggie wilson. If you are not too swamped with orders right now, I would love to make one. I don't mind waiting, so just PM me, or maybe I'll PM you. :) Thanks!!

Lauren

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Orangiegirl2 said:
Hi I am a newbie here but I've been watching you slowly add pics showing your beautiful work. I am very interested in getting cuddly cavy of by beloved piggie wilson. If you are not too swamped with orders right now, I would love to make one. I don't mind waiting, so just PM me, or maybe I'll PM you. :) Thanks!!

Lauren
I'm working on a waiting list right now. The best thing to do is to drop me a PM. That way I can keep your name on my list and once I catch up I'll let you know.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
zakfoxmom said:
Voodoo-

Regarding the piggie magnet from the auction:

I wanted to let you know that Katrina is in her bag with the note in it and she is hanging at my desk at work. Many people have come by and read the note and I have told them story behind it. Everyone from my office sends you warm wishes and you are in their thoughts and prayers :)
Somehow I missed this post! Thank all your coworkers for me. My family, friends and I need all the warm wishes we can get.

It looks like I will be back home in New Orleans in about a month. Finally, a plan for home.

By all reports life there is difficult, even in the places that didn't flood. You have to drive at least a half an hour to get groceries and other supplies. The mail is almost nonexistant and I just got news that there is a water leak in front of my house. Seems I have a bit of a bubbling spring issuing from my front parking lot. Looks like it's my problem, not the city's. At least the 4 trees are now off my house. <sigh>

zakfoxmom

Cavy Slave
You poor thing! Will it ever end? I was just reading today about the many families displaced by Katrina that are here in San Diego.

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
Here's all the cute little piggers Voodoo has made for me! They're so freaking cute!

Cuddly Gordy (broken link removed)

My Nephew's Cuddly Cavy
(broken link removed)

Cuddly Ellie
(broken link removed)

Cuddly Gryffindor Zoey
(broken link removed)

Zeander

Cavy Slave
How adorable! I have to ask though... what's with the scarf?

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
Harry Potter...Gryffindor...lol

SkinnyPiggys

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are adorable! I would love to have some made of my skinny pigs. Is there a material that you could use that looks like naked skin?! They only have hair on their noses.

How cute!
Julie

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Glad you like them Lilchris.

I made the Harry Potter Griffindor scarf on impulse. I had the yarn sitting in front of me and thought "hmmm...I wonder how one of these pigs would look with a scarf on?". The end result is a Harry Potter Guinea Pig.

I may start offering the scarfs as an add on for those that want. I can also make hats, clothing and other stuff. Right now though I have an awful lot on my plate and don't even want to think about more stuff. Once I'm back at home I will probably start offering up the accessories.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I guess for skinny pigs I could use a flesh colored yard and add a little fuzz to their faces. I haven't made a skinny pig yet so I'm not sure.

Maybe I should leave an opening in the crocheted pigs and not stuff them so you can pop a skinny pig inside and they can wear an all over body sweater to help keep them warm <kidding>.

Brenda

Cavy Slave
Hi there! I really want one in the form of my late Harry Caray. I will get in touch with you after the holidays, when things calm down a bit, take care, and I'll get in touch with you after all of the Holiday rush. Brenda

Zeander

Cavy Slave
Ah, I understand the scarf now. That's so cute!!

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
VoodooJoint said:
Maybe I should leave an opening in the crocheted pigs and not stuff them so you can pop a skinny pig inside and they can wear an all over body sweater to help keep them warm <kidding>.

Aww lol That would be so cute!

After I shovel some walks after it snows again and get christmas money, I might ask for 2 more. I can wait, though.

*Just a lttle note* - For RMS's (My School) Orchestra concert, we are playing a piece called Flambeaux (Pronounced 'Flambo') and it's related to Mardi Gras and stuff. I guess my teacher picked it because of all the hurricanes in LA. I really like the piece, too! Just wanted to share. ;)

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
JackSpicerRules said:
*Just a lttle note* - For RMS's (My School) Orchestra concert, we are playing a piece called Flambeaux (Pronounced 'Flambo') and it's related to Mardi Gras and stuff. I guess my teacher picked it because of all the hurricanes in LA. I really like the piece, too! Just wanted to share. ;)
Flambeauxs are the torch carriers in the Mardi Gras parades. Before the time of mobile electric lights and tractors pulling the floats the floats were pulled by mules and were illuminated by Flambeauxs.

Flambeauxs carried table like torches alongside the floats so that the decorations could be appreciated in the dark. They are traditionally black men wearing all white. They often dance along twirling their torches (their gas canisters strapped to their backs). Even though they are no longer needed Flambeauxs still march in the parades with their torches. It is considered good luck and a way of saying thanks to throw money (usually coins) at the flambeauxs who pick up the coins. Flambeax pic and some history here (broken link removed)

Here are some flambeauxs

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
I know about flambeauxs. My orchestra teacher told us about that. The piece we play is 'clicky-ish' and sort of dramatic but really fun. It's sort of hard to explain, I wish I could get a sound recording. Maybe I can, I have a mic and my violin :)

I should print that info out that you gave me and tell my teacher about it :D Thanks!

angel100es

Cavy Slave
I dont know if you got my PM?

lilchris_28

Cavy Slave
I thought I'd post some pics of my nephew with his (early) christmas present. He kept bringing it to us and saying "Pwease?" After the 10th time I was like "go ahead".

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

He carried him around quite a bit but when mom went to get the camera he'd sit it on the floor and laugh because he knew we wanted a picture. I brought out one of my real pigs for him to see and she scared him because he was petting her and she moved and he thought she was another cuddly pig...lol. I think the pig's name is "Gary". I kept asking him what he had and he kept saying "Gary".

Little Booger.

vince

Cavy Slave
Hi Im just checking to see if everything went thru ok

Status
Not open for further replies.