Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General How many piggies do you have or want to have?

GummiB3ar

Cavy Slave
I only have one right now but looking for a second, and might eventually do 3 if I have the room for 3 right now I have plenty of room for 2

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I only have one right now but looking for a second, and might eventually do 3 if I have the room for 3 right now I have plenty of room for 2

That's great to hear. Hope you find a good cage mate for your current piggy. Good luck with everything

Critter guy

Cavy Slave
Currently have 6 would like more but out of space

iamsnape

Cavy Slave
Awww so cute. So you have to wait like 2 more weeks before you can bring him home then right? I'm still waiting for Princess to have her 3 babies. I hope it all goes well. I think they will get along just fine. It may take then a few days or weeks to get used to each other. Crossing my fingers they get along from day one

Yeah, he's a week old now and I will be bringing him home when he reaches 5 weeks - he'll be separated from his Mum at 3 weeks but then my friend who I'm adopting him from quarintines his pigs for a further 2 before he lets them go, so I can hopefully crack on with intros when he arrives! :) So like a month before I can have him, I can't wait!! Wish it wasn't so long really. I hope they get along from the start, I *think* it should go well because they're both quite young and I think Noah might have the upper hand cos he'll be bigger so dominance shouldn't really be too hard to figure out but he's also a little bit too chilled out whereas Elmo's already proving to be a bit adventurous, so who knows, Noah may end up answering to him! So long as they're friends from the start I don't mind, because I don't have a temporary cage other wise! (I can borrow one if not though :) )

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Yeah, he's a week old now and I will be bringing him home when he reaches 5 weeks - he'll be separated from his Mum at 3 weeks but then my friend who I'm adopting him from quarintines his pigs for a further 2 before he lets them go, so I can hopefully crack on with intros when he arrives! :) So like a month before I can have him, I can't wait!! Wish it wasn't so long really. I hope they get along from the start, I *think* it should go well because they're both quite young and I think Noah might have the upper hand cos he'll be bigger so dominance shouldn't really be too hard to figure out but he's also a little bit too chilled out whereas Elmo's already proving to be a bit adventurous, so who knows, Noah may end up answering to him! So long as they're friends from the start I don't mind, because I don't have a temporary cage other wise! (I can borrow one if not though :) )

Aww that's good you friend does that for you. The next 4 weeks will go by fast don't worry. Good luck with the 2 boys. I'm sure they will figure out the dominance thing.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Currently have 6 would like more but out of space

Awww. Well when you have room someday i'm sure you will adopt more. Good luck to you and your six piggies.

KassysFurryFrds

Cavy Slave
I run a piggy rescue and at the moment I have 12 adult piggies (3 males and 9 females) two of the females had pups (1 female had only 1 well the other had 3) so my hands are full there...but I wouldnt change that for the worldlol

As well I have my own piggies 4 males and 3 females..Males are moe (teddy cross) Hershy (abby cross) ernie (abby) and mr. pigglesworth (skinny pig)...females are boo (a. short haired)
penny (a. short haired) and blizzard (himalayan)

WOW when u type it all out it seems I have gona piggy CRAZY!!!!:crazy::D

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I run a piggy rescue and at the moment I have 12 adult piggies (3 males and 9 females) two of the females had pups (1 female had only 1 well the other had 3) so my hands are full there...but I wouldnt change that for the worldlol

As well I have my own piggies 4 males and 3 females..Males are moe (teddy cross) Hershy (abby cross) ernie (abby) and mr. pigglesworth (skinny pig)...females are boo (a. short haired)
penny (a. short haired) and blizzard (himalayan)

WOW when u type it all out it seems I have gona piggy CRAZY!!!!:crazy::D

Yea a bit. But you do a rescue so that would be why it sounds that way. Best of luck with them all. Hope you find families for the ones you have rescued.

GuineaPigPerson

Cavy Slave
I have a 2x5 cage with a 1x2 loft for my two guinea pigs. I have a ton of space but this size is plenty big enough for me. I would love to adopt more but I'd need to keep expanding their cage!

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
I have a 2x4 for my two sows, Radley and Olive. I want to add a 1x2 loft for them when I move in two weeks. I really love only having two piggies.. For a few months I had three in two separate cages. This was back when I had two boars, Scout and Harper, and I adopted Radley under the impression she was a he and they would live together. Upon finding out her gender and obviously needing to keep her separate, I found out just how difficult it is to have two separate cages...
So now, Scout and Harper are the new best friends of a lovely 13 year old girl, and I'm totally complacent with my two quiet, clean, adorable little girlies :)

Here they are!
2012-07-03 20.47.48.jpg
Radley snuggling in some blankets!

101_0495%5b1%5d.jpg
Olive says hello!

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I have a 2x5 cage with a 1x2 loft for my two guinea pigs. I have a ton of space but this size is plenty big enough for me. I would love to adopt more but I'd need to keep expanding their cage!

Good luck with your piggies.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
I have a 2x4 for my two sows, Radley and Olive. I want to add a 1x2 loft for them when I move in two weeks. I really love only having two piggies.. For a few months I had three in two separate cages. This was back when I had two boars, Scout and Harper, and I adopted Radley under the impression she was a he and they would live together. Upon finding out her gender and obviously needing to keep her separate, I found out just how difficult it is to have two separate cages...
So now, Scout and Harper are the new best friends of a lovely 13 year old girl, and I'm totally complacent with my two quiet, clean, adorable little girlies :)

Here they are!
View attachment 31655
Radley snuggling in some blankets!

View attachment 31656
Olive says hello!

They are just adorable. So glad you were able to find the boars a new home where they can be happy

miss_melmel

Cavy Slave
i have 5 guinea pigs atm and 4 baby guinea pigs.
3 boars and 2 sows.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
i have 5 guinea pigs atm and 4 baby guinea pigs.
3 boars and 2 sows.

Awww. very cute. I have 4 guinea pigs(2 sows and 2 boars) and 3 babies(2 boars 1 sow)

Piggielov

Cavy Slave
Hi!! I have 3 piggy girls and I love them, I would happily have 6 at least haha! I'm not sure if I want to get another girl, or a male and then hope they get pregnant... since they are no rescues here in TJ, and San Diego rescues doesn't let me adopt since I moved to TJ... hmm..we'll see.. Oh, I almost forgot, right now I have a 2x5, but I'm about to expand it, maybe another 2x5 on top..I'm not sure whats the better size cage that could work for us and be not expensive.... any suggestions?

AnimalLover202

Cavy Slave
How many guinea pigs do you have? 2 boars

Do you want to adopt anymore? yes, there is a boar on CL that I want(because there are no rescues or pigs up for adoption in my area...)

How much space do you have in your cage( for how many guinea pigs)? Um... I don't really want to talk about my cages...(they sucks, but I'm trying to get a new one though!)

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
How many guinea pigs do you have? 2 boars

Do you want to adopt anymore? yes, there is a boar on CL that I want(because there are no rescues or pigs up for adoption in my area...)

How much space do you have in your cage( for how many guinea pigs)? Um... I don't really want to talk about my cages...(they sucks, but I'm trying to get a new one though!)

That's good. I hope you get the boar that you want on CL. Hope all goes well with it. Good luck on getting them a new cage.

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
Hi!! I have 3 piggy girls and I love them, I would happily have 6 at least haha! I'm not sure if I want to get another girl, or a male and then hope they get pregnant... since they are no rescues here in TJ, and San Diego rescues doesn't let me adopt since I moved to TJ... hmm..we'll see.. Oh, I almost forgot, right now I have a 2x5, but I'm about to expand it, maybe another 2x5 on top..I'm not sure whats the better size cage that could work for us and be not expensive.... any suggestions?

That's good to hear that you would like more, but don't breed them. It's very dangerous for the female especially if they are over 8 months old and never had babies before. Adopt or rescue them. Instead of building a 2x5 on top of your 2x5, I would just make your current 2x5 a 3x4 instead if yo can. Having a 2x5 on top of a 2x5 would be kinda hard to clean. Good luck with your girls.

AnimalLover202

Cavy Slave
That's good. I hope you get the boar that you want on CL. Hope all goes well with it. Good luck on getting them a new cage.

I told my mom and she wasn't to big on the idea... so probably not. But thanks anyways. :3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.