Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Water bottle problem

Ithilgil

Cavy Slave
My hamster has a habit of biting the water bottle as he drinks. And, now the metal part of it is getting rusty because he bit off the protective layer. Since this is potentially hazardous to his heath, I have to buy a new one. Again. >(

Does anyone have any good suggestions how I could prevent this? I don't want to have the need to buy a new water bottle every month or so.

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
I think they have certain bottles with a chew guard near the nozzle. Try to find one of those maybe to solve your problem!

Ithilgil

Cavy Slave
Do you know where I could find some? The pet store I go to only has one type of water bottle.

PetsRLife23

Cavy Slave
My rat would do the same thing so I bought glass water bottles by SuperPet. They are a super life saver. I have the chew guard for my mice it might work if the water bottle is outside of the cage. :)

amiamiami

Cavy Slave
buy a superpet or living world chew proof bottle from www.petsathome.co.uk it's usuall in the rabbit or guinea pig section. They have six oz or twelve oz.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.