Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Neutering/Spaying Help!

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
Update: so just hand feed him a little bit... he didnt like it much but i had to.. on the bright side he pooped and peed on me. His poops look normal but his pee didnt smell at all. at lest i know if hes pooping and drinking something has been getting into that little body of his

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Good--keep up the hand feeding.

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
anouther vist to the vet.

So I thought olly was is the in the clear but know I just made anouther vet visit for him tomarrow. last night when I looked him over his peepee was sticking out alittle and there was white stuff covering it. Hes eating and drinking fine so I made it for tomarrow. Worryed he might have an infection. Im also bring Riley with me because she's lookin alittle prago to me.... so im taking her to see what he thinks about it and if he can tell me for sour if she is or not.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Re: anouther vist to the vet.

Poor little Olly. Sending good thoughts your way that the vey will be able to get this cleared up soon.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

Your pig's penis probably just needs to be cleaned and possibly lubricated. They can get all sorts of junk up in the sheath. I doubt that it's an infection.

Get some K-Y jelly at the pharmacy and some soft gauze, q-tips, or kleenex. Put the pig in your lap and gently retract the sheath. Wipe the penis off, and make sure there's no hay stuck up in the sheath.

Do you have the two of them together? If so, please separate them for the safety of your sow and for any unborn pups. There are thousands of homeless guinea pigs in this country who need loving homes -- there's absolutely no need to breed any more.

nibbler100

Cavy Slave

Your pig's penis probably just needs to be cleaned and possibly lubricated. They can get all sorts of junk up in the sheath. I doubt that it's an infection.

Get some K-Y jelly at the pharmacy and some soft gauze, q-tips, or kleenex. Put the pig in your lap and gently retract the sheath. Wipe the penis off, and make sure there's no hay stuck up in the sheath.

Do you have the two of them together? If so, please separate them for the safety of your sow and for any unborn pups. There are thousands of homeless guinea pigs in this country who need loving homes -- there's absolutely no need to breed any more.

My pig olly had just gotten neuterd like a week ago, that's why I'm worryed about it. Even if it just need's cleaned I would still like to get it checked out because If it is an infection I'd like to know. Hes also had some problems with it anyways.

Oliver has never been with my two girls, im not a breeder. I'll try and dig up a post that explains why im worried about Riley being prago too.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/cafe/72808-oh-no.html
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/medical-veterinary/74578-help.html

lissie

Cavy Slave
@nibbler100, I've merged your threads. Please keep one thread for the same pig. It's hard for people to help if they don't know the full medical history of the pig.

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
@nibbler100 , I've merged your threads. Please keep one thread for the same pig. It's hard for people to help if they don't know the full medical history of the pig.

Sorry but thanks

schavarry

Cavy Slave
I had my Lightning neutered yesterday - today they called me to check up on him. They said if there was ANY swelling, redness or anything else to cause concern to call back and talk to them so I'd call your vet if they're still open and see what they say. Since they neutered him a few days ago they shouldn't charge you for a vet visit follow up (at least my vet wouldn't)

I hope your piggy gets better soon!!

PeeweesPiggyPalace

Removed
Cavy Gazer
I had my Lightning neutered yesterday - today they called me to check up on him. They said if there was ANY swelling, redness or anything else to cause concern to call back and talk to them so I'd call your vet if they're still open and see what they say. Since they neutered him a few days ago they shouldn't charge you for a vet visit follow up (at least my vet wouldn't)

I hope your piggy gets better soon!!

How is he doing..?

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Lightning is doing well... I'm still getting dirty piggy looks from him but he's eating and pooping like normal. There were some mis-shapen poos that had me nervous this morning but seem to be doing better now. The incisions where they removed the testes were stitched up really well and look good - even showing improvement over yesterday! :) He looks funny when he walks now though cuz there's nothing in the scrotum so it's saggy. lol I'm assuming it'll shrivel/shrink eventually, just looks silly now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.