Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Help!

  1. #21
    Cavy Slave nibbler100's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 10, 2011
    Location
    columbus ohio
    Posts
    550
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    88
    Thanks
    65 Rec'd/55 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

    Re: Help!

    Yeah he's on antibiotics, the same kind my Riley was on when she had a URI.

    The swelling has gone down a little bit but not by much, Hes still not eating normal.. so I'm going to start hand feeding him.

  2. #22
    Cavy Slave nibbler100's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 10, 2011
    Location
    columbus ohio
    Posts
    550
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    88
    Thanks
    65 Rec'd/55 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

    Re: Help!

    Update: so just hand feed him a little bit... he didnt like it much but i had to.. on the bright side he pooped and peed on me. His poops look normal but his pee didnt smell at all. at lest i know if hes pooping and drinking something has been getting into that little body of his

  3. #23
    Moderator foggycreekcavy's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 04, 2009
    Location
    Auburn, WA
    Posts
    6,154
    Thanks
    176
    Thanks
    1,243 Rec'd/995 Posts
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Quoted
    772 Post(s)

    Re: Help!

    Good--keep up the hand feeding.

  4. #24
    Cavy Slave nibbler100's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 10, 2011
    Location
    columbus ohio
    Posts
    550
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    88
    Thanks
    65 Rec'd/55 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

    Thumbs down anouther vist to the vet.

    So I thought olly was is the in the clear but know I just made anouther vet visit for him tomarrow. last night when I looked him over his peepee was sticking out alittle and there was white stuff covering it. Hes eating and drinking fine so I made it for tomarrow. Worryed he might have an infection. Im also bring Riley with me because she's lookin alittle prago to me.... so im taking her to see what he thinks about it and if he can tell me for sour if she is or not.

  5. #25
    Cavy Newbie mufasa's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 20, 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,960
    Blog Entries
    13
    Thanks
    227
    Thanks
    736 Rec'd/509 Posts
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    397 Post(s)

    Re: anouther vist to the vet.

    Poor little Olly. Sending good thoughts your way that the vey will be able to get this cleared up soon.

  6. "Thank you, mufasa, for this useful post," says:


  7. #26
    Administrator bpatters's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 23, 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    29,031
    Thanks
    187
    Thanks
    7,316 Rec'd/5,831 Posts
    Mentioned
    2043 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3909 Post(s)

    Re: anouther vist to the vet.

    Your pig's penis probably just needs to be cleaned and possibly lubricated. They can get all sorts of junk up in the sheath. I doubt that it's an infection.

    Get some K-Y jelly at the pharmacy and some soft gauze, q-tips, or kleenex. Put the pig in your lap and gently retract the sheath. Wipe the penis off, and make sure there's no hay stuck up in the sheath.

    Do you have the two of them together? If so, please separate them for the safety of your sow and for any unborn pups. There are thousands of homeless guinea pigs in this country who need loving homes -- there's absolutely no need to breed any more.

  8. #27
    Cavy Slave nibbler100's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 10, 2011
    Location
    columbus ohio
    Posts
    550
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    88
    Thanks
    65 Rec'd/55 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

    Re: anouther vist to the vet.

    Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    Your pig's penis probably just needs to be cleaned and possibly lubricated. They can get all sorts of junk up in the sheath. I doubt that it's an infection.

    Get some K-Y jelly at the pharmacy and some soft gauze, q-tips, or kleenex. Put the pig in your lap and gently retract the sheath. Wipe the penis off, and make sure there's no hay stuck up in the sheath.

    Do you have the two of them together? If so, please separate them for the safety of your sow and for any unborn pups. There are thousands of homeless guinea pigs in this country who need loving homes -- there's absolutely no need to breed any more.
    My pig olly had just gotten neuterd like a week ago, that's why I'm worryed about it. Even if it just need's cleaned I would still like to get it checked out because If it is an infection I'd like to know. Hes also had some problems with it anyways.

    Oliver has never been with my two girls, im not a breeder. I'll try and dig up a post that explains why im worried about Riley being prago too.

    http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/...808-oh-no.html
    http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/...4578-help.html

  9. #28
    Administrator lissie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 25, 2009
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    9,334
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    1,338
    Thanks
    2,341 Rec'd/1,698 Posts
    Mentioned
    491 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1005 Post(s)

    Re: Help!

    @nibbler100, I've merged your threads. Please keep one thread for the same pig. It's hard for people to help if they don't know the full medical history of the pig.

  10. #29
    Cavy Slave nibbler100's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 10, 2011
    Location
    columbus ohio
    Posts
    550
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    88
    Thanks
    65 Rec'd/55 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

    Re: Help!

    Quote Originally Posted by lissie View Post
    @nibbler100 , I've merged your threads. Please keep one thread for the same pig. It's hard for people to help if they don't know the full medical history of the pig.
    Sorry but thanks

  11. #30
    Cavy Slave schavarry's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 23, 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,118
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    555
    Thanks
    173 Rec'd/158 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)

    Re: Help!

    I had my Lightning neutered yesterday - today they called me to check up on him. They said if there was ANY swelling, redness or anything else to cause concern to call back and talk to them so I'd call your vet if they're still open and see what they say. Since they neutered him a few days ago they shouldn't charge you for a vet visit follow up (at least my vet wouldn't)

    I hope your piggy gets better soon!!

  12. #31
    Removed
    Joined
    May 06, 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    692
    Thanks
    164
    Thanks
    127 Rec'd/101 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    139 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schavarry View Post
    I had my Lightning neutered yesterday - today they called me to check up on him. They said if there was ANY swelling, redness or anything else to cause concern to call back and talk to them so I'd call your vet if they're still open and see what they say. Since they neutered him a few days ago they shouldn't charge you for a vet visit follow up (at least my vet wouldn't)

    I hope your piggy gets better soon!!
    How is he doing..?

  13. #32
    Cavy Slave schavarry's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 23, 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,118
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    555
    Thanks
    173 Rec'd/158 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)

    Re: Help!

    Lightning is doing well... I'm still getting dirty piggy looks from him but he's eating and pooping like normal. There were some mis-shapen poos that had me nervous this morning but seem to be doing better now. The incisions where they removed the testes were stitched up really well and look good - even showing improvement over yesterday! :) He looks funny when he walks now though cuz there's nothing in the scrotum so it's saggy. lol I'm assuming it'll shrivel/shrink eventually, just looks silly now.

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •