Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Help me about pigs...?

SarahS

Cavy Slave
Hi guys, I'm a new member to this forum but thought it would be a great idea to join. I am hopefully moving to a larger house in a couple of months, and reliant on this I will hopefully be getting two guinea pigs (it also relies on if I get a job etc).
First of all, I have done a lot of research and have even produced a folder of different things I have found out about Guinea Pigs. I have found a place where I can find correx, and maybe cubes. I will be getting my own sewing machine for my 18th in a couple of months for making things for Guinea Pigs I may get (and for the 3 rats I currently have)
I am currently at college studying animal management, but I do not want to go to university. I visit my family once a month for a couple of days, at college 16 hours a week and will hopefully start work soon but I have a lot of spare time for animals.
I understand the cost implications and would still love to get guinea pigs.
Do you think I am in a good situation to get them, or should I wait longer etc.?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Does your current living situation allow for pets? Some apartments/colleges do not allow animals in the rooms.

cibrown

Cavy Slave
Maybe I am being too cautious but I would set aside a little money for emergencies before you get guinea pigs. We have adopted many animals from people because an emergency has come up and they can no longer afford their pets. I would hate for you to get the piggies you have so wanted only to have to give them up. You could set up a "piggie" bank. Couldn't resist. Good luck with everything.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.