Thanks
    Thanks
    243 Rec'd/196 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quoted
    233 Post(s)

Re: How Did You Name Your Piggie?

Phoenix and Godric both had different names before I got them, however I'd have to search through tons of different papers to find out what they were. xD I named Phoenix because of the fact that she is really a Roan pig, and Phoenix are a sorta red color. Godric got her name from a character in a show, he had really white skin because he was a vampire, and black tattoos, Godric's fur is white with black markings, so I thought it just fit. Fus and Ro Dah used to be Checkers and Bingo when they came from the rescue, but I don't really care for those sorta generic type names, so I named them after something in Skyrim. (A video game) The words "Fus Ro Dah" when shouted, create a power that attacks the things it is directed at (Kinda hard to explain, you would have to play the game to get what it means) So I named mommy pig the first half of it "Fus" and baby pig the second half "Ro Dah"

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner RodentCuddles's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    842 Rec'd/517 Posts
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Quoted
    381 Post(s)

When I got my two at first sight I called my Longed haired piggy Rex, I don't why as far as I can remember it was because he looked like he had just been hit by lighting the way his hair was sticking up. The other one still had no name when we got home, you see I said my little brother could name one but all he could come up with were names only a cheeky little boy would want. Then we were having dinner and my brother was blowing bubbles and just randomly I said, " How about Bubbles?". And of course my brother said yes, I was waiting for you too say that, that's why I was blowing bubbles. Haha, yea right.

Thanks
    Thanks
    243 Rec'd/196 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quoted
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePigAlchemist View Post
    When I got my first two piggies in my new apartment, they were named Fuery and Havoc after two of the characters who were in the military in FullMetal Alchemist. When Havoc died, it didn't seem right to make the next pig fit in the FMA theme. So I went in another direction and named the new member Alexander Anderson, after one of the cooler characters in another anime, Hellsing Ultimate. Alex for short.
    I love your pig's names! I had tried watching Hellsing before but for some reason it just too graphic for me, though most of the time that kinda stuff doesn't bother me. If I get any more pigs in the near future, I plan to name them after characters in Naruto.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    22 Rec'd/22 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Cool Re: How Did You Name Your Piggie?

1.Cocoa he was bright red we got from craigslist and he has lots of nicknames like baby cocy even though he is fully grown
    2.Ducky she is white and orange with fluffy soft fur always a ball of happy she also has alot of nicknames like duckluck because of the kind of home she came from.The name also fits her well because she is a cage clown.
    3.Penny orange and white kind of shy and I dont think she likes laptime
    Babies
    4.Buddy (RIP) came from penny he was really small he got his name because we paid a lot of attention to him
    5.Spike(RIP) my sister in law named him, and we liked it.
    6.Zeba from ncis another of my fav shows thought this was the way it was spelled
    but I like it anyways she is dark brown and is cocoa and ducky baby.
    7.Scruffy she came from penny, and the only survivor has hair and colors like spike
    her nickname is scruff muff dont know how this came to be.

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner ThePigAlchemist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    865 Rec'd/698 Posts
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Quoted
    399 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PigPandemonium View Post
    I love your pig's names! I had tried watching Hellsing before but for some reason it just too graphic for me, though most of the time that kinda stuff doesn't bother me. If I get any more pigs in the near future, I plan to name them after characters in Naruto.
    Oh yeah, I agree Hellsing isn't for everyone. It's a pretty crazy show! xD Thanks though! FullMetal Alchemist is my favorite anime ever, and I might have to try that theme again in the future.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/5 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Our pigs were a 5th birthday gift to our son Cannon. He has been saying he loooves guinea pigs since he was 3. He named his pig "George". I don't know why. The second pig was named by our oldes daughter. She chose the name Flutterbee, which I kind of disliked and the smaller children were having a hard time saying it, so I gently suggested naming her after a Fraggle. She chose the name Moki, but then Moki turned out to be a boy, so she changed the name to Gobo. If we get any more pigs in the future, we will stick with the Fraggle theme, and then move on to Muppets if we run out of Fraggles. I just think Guinea Pigs look Muppet-y.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    68 Rec'd/55 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

I got my guinea pig from a rescue and her original name was Anastasia. I met her a few weeks before I actually adopted her, and they told me she was very independent and sassy. I actually heard them call her "Little Monster" because she was only a couple months old and was already not getting along with other guinea pigs and just being her sassy self. Well, the "Little Monster" fell asleep in my lap and that was it; she was mine!

I had picked her name out before I even went to go bring her home. I decided on the name Millie because it means strong and independent in French or some other language. I thought it fit her personality perfectly! It was one of those names that clicked the second I found it. She still my sassy little girl, but she LOVES to cuddle with her humans!

Thanks
    Thanks
    27 Rec'd/19 Posts
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

I have a black and white pig and a white, tan, and brown one. I was going to name them Oreo and Hershey but it didn't feel right, and Oreo seems to be over used when it comes to black and white pigs.
    So I named the black and white one Panda. The brown, tan, and white pig used to bully Panda a lot, he would mount him, nip, and even steal his food. I named him Loki as in the Norse god of mischief because he was always causing trouble.
    Ironically when they grew up Loki became the calm submissive one while Panda became destructive. :P

Thanks
    Thanks
    3 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Is really hard, but we always found a perfect one for them.
    Malteada was named by my little brother, I thought it was a very sweet name.
    Juan Carlos simply fit with his face.
    With Olivia was very simple, is the name of one of my favourite songs and fits perfect with her.
    I don't really have a big story with names, I choose what I think it goes with them.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    44 Rec'd/36 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)

I named mine George because I wanted a G name so I could call him G_____ the Guinea Pig.
    I've also been really into the Tudors lately, and George was a popular name in the Tudor era, so I thought it was perfect. I think it suits him pretty well.

Thanks
    Thanks
    47 Rec'd/22 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Dulce came with her name which I never changed.

Elephant got her name because when she was a baby she had huge ears, and she kind of looked like an elephant shrew . I call her elle though.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Cher Lloyd has always been my inspiration, and her fans call her Cher Bear so go figure, I named my guinea pigs Cher and Bear!

Thanks
    Thanks
    167 Rec'd/128 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)

@unaspirateur and I adopted Quee from a friend whose family moved out of state and couldn't take her. She never really had a name until we took her in, and we're not good at coming up with names. So, we decided on Quee because of the noise she made when she heard the bag of hay rustling. A month or so later, we bring home Kwee...thusly named because we had not grown any more clever, and she made the same noise as her older cagemate.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    24 Rec'd/21 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

When I first got my piggie, I named her Pork. [Because she is a pig...get it? *nudge nudge* ]
    I took her home, and her name was Pork for a while until I started feeding her different kinds of veggies. Her favorite veggie is greenbeans, so I decided to change her name to Bean, sometimes I call her Beanie.

Thanks
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

We got B&B from a rescue, and their names were Bingo and Brownie. We couldn't think of any good names, so we kept Bingo and Brownie.

User Tag List