Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Outdoor bunnies in this awful weather

RosRWAF

Cavy Slave
I've already posted this in the Rabbits part of the forum, so apologies if this is breaking the forum rules...can a moderator tell me for sure please?...but I want to try to get the word to any UK members who may have outdoor rabbits...or guinea pigs of course

Awful spring weather

Yuk - this weather is awful and it's like winter again. It's a good time to remind everyone that 'a hutch is not enough' and this type of weather is just one of the reasons why we recommend that a hutch should be within a safe enclosure, or attached to a safe exercise run, so that the rabbits can choose when they shelter, and when they exercise.

It is unfair to keep rabbits locked in their hutches in bad weather, because they are not able to behave as rabbits, to run, jump and dig, for example. It is equally as unfair to keep them in a run with no access to their hutch. Please make sure that outdoor bunnies have the opportunity to exercise every day. Tarpaulins can be used to make shelter from the rain, snow and hot sun and allow some year-round protection.

Please check out our tips for a basic outdoor set up here:
(broken link removed)[1].pdf

Please share this, and help us spread the word - a hutch is not enough.

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Just to let you know link doesn't work.

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
This looks like a PDF file??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.