Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Settling in

Hey, Just thought i'd share my happiness. I've had my guinea's for a month now and finally My main man teddy starts popcorning and wheeking when i bring him food X And his younger brother (yoda) is joining in. Hopefully over the next two weeks the youngest (elvis) will join in too. can anyone give me any little tips just to help this little guy settle in better? The youngest is still really shy to the point he is always hiding. Thanks guys X

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    523 Rec'd/312 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Re: Settling in

Glad to hear your piggies are popcorning and wheeking -- they are probably my favorite thing about guinea pigs!

To help them continue to settle in, I would recommend developing and/or maintaining a routine with set times each day you do certain things. Guinea pigs seem to be creatures of habit and mine always remind me when it's veggie time. Perhaps once you have consistently fed your guinea pigs at certain times of the day, Elvis will come to remember the schedule and get excited too. Also, try to spend as much time as you can around the cage, cleaning, feeding, straightening up, etc. as this will help them get used to you and your touch.

Good luck!

3. "Thank you, sdpiggylvr, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Settling in

thanks will definately keep itall in mind X now i just have to get them use to a camera X

User Tag List