Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK I am going to buy a guinea pig

GunieasForEver
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
GunieasForEver said:
Im with Charlieandanna on this one, you people on the site are slightly too obsessed over guniea pigs, i dont think its wrong to breed, but i do think its wrong to tell people what to do especialy if you dont know them. ....And dont worry about what others think, they say it about everyone, check out the post, "do mails fight" They made me feel a really bad person just because i mentioned breeding, they also picked on my spelling there real bullyes some of them.

Let's please try to get something straight.

This board is run by a rescuer. She makes up the rules, we all follow them. There are no exceptions.

If you want to keep your animals in cages that are below the recommended guidelines Teresa has set up, there is nothing we can do about it.

If you breed your animals that is up to you...we can't force you to change your mind.

If you buy your animals and supplies from a pet shop and support the very industry that the owner of this site is so desperatly trying to change, fine...do it.

BUT...if you come onto these boards and you want to talk about these things, get support for them, get or give advise on breeding then you can expect to hear the truth. If you take the truth about what is wrong with what you are doing badly then that is your problem.

If you do not like it there are other forums that you can go to.

THIS forum is about bettering animals' lives and our relationships with animals...not about accepting and following outdated thinking about animal care.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Like I said before, did you not read the rules before posting? If you had then you would see that a person who runs a rescue owns this forum that you and I are posting on. Just open your eyes and READ d*** it. Follow the rules

Spelling is important - it makes reading posts so much easier. If 95% of people on this board spend time making posts legible then you should too. End of

Last edited by a moderator:
GunieasForEver

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I don't think that you fully understand.

1) You find a guinea pig (or any animal) living in bad conditions in a pet store
2) You feel sorry for it and think that if you buy it you are rescueing
3) You take it home and give it a good life
4) You are contributing to the pet store's cruelty with your money. "Wow, you're pet store has horrible living conditions, but what the heck, I'l give you my hard earned cash anyway"
5) Another pig replaces your pig and suffers

So, have you really rescued a pig, or have you made another one's life hell?

You see the endless cycle? If we stop buying, then the supply will decrease too

GunieasForEver

Piglet

Cavy Slave
There are loads of people that kill, does that make it ok? It seems like you're just giving up - since other people are doing it, just join the bandwagon eh?

GunieasForEver

Piglet

Cavy Slave
At least I am trying, unlike you and charlie. At least people on this board are TRYING to make a bloody difference

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
GunieasForEver said:
I see what your saying but come on there are millions of people in the world who buy them in pet shops you will never be able to get them all to stop NEVER it's impossible how ever hard you try, people will always buy from them and animals will always be supplyed so you might as well give them a home while you can

Never is a big idea. I don't like to think in "nevers" it is a self-defeating word.

I am happy to try to change the world one person at a time...I have my whole life to do it and my children at 7 and 10 years of age already understand why we don't buy animals or breed....If my job isn't completed by the time I die, they will take over when I am gone.

You can become part of the solution, part of the change in a more caring world or you can remain part of the problem.

You have a huge opportunity here. Take some time and think about it.

GunieasForEver

Piglet

Cavy Slave
That's no better! Breeders are adding to the overpopulation too...

GunieasForEver

Piglet

Cavy Slave
One simple, plain question:

Why do you want to breed?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Guineas for ever. If you want GPs I know we have European members who will be happy to help you find some to adopt.

All we ask is that you do all you possibly can...if we have no luck finding adoptables in your area then I doubt anyone would fault you if you ended up buying...just exhaust all other resources first.

The second step is not to breed. If you desperatly want baby GPs then we may be able to find you a pregnant GP to rescue. You get to save an entire family without being responsible for causing the births....THAT is a great feeling!

We really are a great bunch of people...we are simply passionate about changing the way people view animals. Every post I have written you I have had a kind, soft voice in my mind...something that does not translate well in type. I don't hate you...i'm not mad...everyone starts somewhere. This is your chance to start something new.

Stick around. We can help you make a great cage, find great food and set up a proper diet and get you those pigs you want. Most likely there is a bonded male pair sitting in a shelter right now wondering what is taking you so long to come get them.

Nevermind everything I just said I guess. Breeding rescued GPs is the worst thing you could do. These animals have been through enough.

GunieasForEver
GunieasForEver
GunieasForEver

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
GunieasForEver said:
very sweat voodoojoint it touched my heart HA HA HA

Thank you, I am a very sweet person. I am also quite used to callous people laughing at me for it...so go ahead do it somemore.

I do find it slightly sad.

Not for me but for the people that are so dead inside that laughing at someone's caring for the world around them is the only way they can feel good about themselves.

GunieasForEver
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.