Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm new!

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
Hello, my name is Dannielle. You all can call me Danni or Dannikins!
I live in North Carolina and attend college.
I want to start off by saying that I love Guinea Pigs. :heart: They're adorable, fun, they each have their own personalities and the cutest little faces.

On a more serious note, I should say that I do only own ONE piggie. Yes, judge me if you will.. I know that piggies are very social animals and may even feel safer with another friend by its side. BUT, at the time I didn't have the money, but on the bright side today starts my Spring break and guess what? I'M GETTING MY LITTLE GUY, ZEKE A FRIEND! Yes, I plan on getting the other from a breeder that lives two hours away but it will be totally worth it. (Yes the other piggie will be a male, just like my current one, Zeke) Also, I've done my research on how to introduce new piggies to others, so I think it will be a great experience.

My house has five bedrooms and I plan on dedicating one of the older ones just for my piggies. I am in the process on making my new C&C cage, WOO!! Excited about that to the max! But yes, all will work out and I plan on putting a lot of time, love and effort into giving my piggies the best life they could imagine.

So yes, that's about all I have to say, also...I love this website it has so much information and great photos!

P.S. As soon as I get my new digital camera I will be posting pictures of Zeke and his soon to be buddy, and my C&C cage, so keep an eye out for that!

Hope to make many friends here and share some great stories, thanks for taking the time to read this, it means a ton to me!
:eek:ptimist:

-Dannikins

miss_melmel

Cavy Slave
welcome. can you post pic's of your baby :)

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
I sure can! The picture was taken with my phone, so it's somewhat bad quality! But I will. 028.jpg

miss_melmel

Cavy Slave
He is adoreable. I just got my fourth cutie today

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! His name is Zeke, only under a year old. And I'd love to see your forth piggie, mind posting a picture? :cheerful:

miss_melmel

Cavy Slave
In the thread there is a pic i posted he doesnt have a name yet,

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
Oh okay, thanks for telling me, hope you find a cute name for him!

miss_melmel

Cavy Slave
03783ef_20.jpg
This is my fourth

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
He is such a cutie! How old is he?

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum and the world of piggies! Your Zeke is very handsome.
So glad you have done your research and are giving your Zeke a great home.
If I could suggest just one thing. Please adopt a friend for Zeke instead of buying from a breeder.
There are so many male piggies that need a great home and would be a wonderful pal for Zeke.
We are here can help you find a shelter or thru Petfinders, Graigs list a pig to adopt.
That being said. Welcome and we are here for you and your piggies.

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much, I love a warm welcome! And thank you for being considerate, my little Zeke hasn't shown any signs of loneliness YET. But I'm sure he will become lonely, so I will look into adopting instead of buying from a breeder. I will look on Graigs list and try to wiggle my way out of the deal with the Breeder. Again, thank you!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Slave
Thank you Dannikins. You just saved a life of a piggie you will really thank you when he enters life into his beautiful new home. Let us know when you are ready and we will gladly help you find just the right friend for Zeke.

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
My pleasure. Also, I just have a few questions... Since me and my boyfriend aren't really used to buying off the internet (We're old school) Could you help me on how it will all work out once I find the right friend for Zeke? I know that in my small town, we'd probably have to travel three hours to the nearest adoption center, I've been there before. But it was years ago when I was only a mere 10 year old!

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Slave
Check out Pefinders.com. On the left is a list you put in small and furry or guinea pigs. then your zipcode. You may find some that are adoptable right in your area. At the very top of the page is find guinea pigs. that too may help find one closer. Also the very first section is adoptables. You may find one there. There may even be another shelter closer to you. Craigslist online. Your local Humane Society sometimes has them. Your local paper. You yourself can even post an as in your local paper. You may be surprised. In the adoptable section I do believe you can post you are looking for a male pigge. There is all kinds of options in finding a pig.

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
I'm on Petfinder.com right now, me and my boyfriend have seen two males in a city that's only a 20 minute drive, they're both gorgeous and looking into the description right now. Thank you for your help! Zeke is soon to have a play mate! :)

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Slave
ARe you near Durham, North Carolina? 27712On find gpigs (top of the page0 on the second page is a beautiful male pig that needs a home. check him out

Also on page 4. Durham, NC 27712 a pair of boys. 2-4 months

Last edited:

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
I do not live close, but I do know where Durham is, some family live there and I visit from time to time. I will check him out and tell you what I think.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. he is adorable.

Dannikins

Cavy Slave
Thank you for all the lovely welcomes! I'm so excited!

miss_melmel

Cavy Slave
my new one is about 7 weeks i think

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.